Is It Possible to Have Dramatic Ultherapy Results After 30 Days?

Why is it the some Ultherapy patients get fantastic results after 30 days and some do not get results until 2-3 months? Do younger patients typically get faster results?

Ultherapy works better on younger patients

+1

Ultherapy is designed to cause localized injury to the tissue layer just below the skin and cause contraction and ultimately stimulate collagen deposition. If the individual has moderate skin laxity with decreased turgor and skin excess, they have less chance of successfully stimulating sufficient collagen deposition and contraction that would be appreciated. Sun damage, smoking, significant weight fluctuation and age make a significant impact on the effectiveness of Ultherapy and each potential client should be assessed based on standard criteria before being advised to under take Ultherapy. In many patients, there is no substitute for a surgical facelift and only a qualified general or facial plastic surgeon can make that determination without bias.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera results

+1

Results from Ulthera depend a lot on what you are starting with.  Someone with youthful skin with a minimal of laxity and fullness can have a dramatic result quickly but most people will best appreciate their results between 3 and 6 months and with the ability to look back at what you were like before you had your treatment as the slow process of improvement will often blind you to the result until you can look back at a photo.  And if it isn't effective, hopefully you have discussed the "what ifs' with you doctor prior to investing in this technology.

Curtis Wong, MD

Variable improvement with Ulthera at one month vs six months

+1

Doing the same exact treatment with Ultherapy on different patients can lead to different levels of lifting based on the individual's collagen, elastin, sundamage, smoking history and age. Some patients comment on feeling and seeing a difference at one month and I can only see a little improvement. Then, three to six months later I start to see a significant improvement.  Other patients don't have as much lifiting as I might wish, but the majority of patients that have had treatment are happy with their success, as seen by an 89% satisfaction rating on RealSelf.com for Ultherapy.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera results are more dramatic at 6 months

+1

While it is possible to have dramatic results at 1 month (see my posted photos for a patient who had noticeable results after only one-month), it is much more likely that you will see results at 6 months.  Remember the way Ulthera works.  It uses heat from ultrasound to damage the deeper layers of the skin.  The skin's wound-healing response results in new collagen formation.  Collagen is the scaffolding that gives skin its youthful, firm appearance.  Recent studies have shown that collagen formation continues even one year after the procedure.  So, the results with ulthera are not dramatic.  Rather, they are slow and steady.  If you want dramatic results, but you don't want an invasive procedure, you might consider ulthera in combination with fillers.

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist