Does Ulthera Work As an Eyebrow Lift on Young People Also?

Hi everyone, I'm very young but think my brows are a bit low(not extremely, but if I elevate them about 2mm it looks better).I don't want invasive surgery (I'm in my 20s) and wouldn't want botox either, so I read about Ulthera.Does it only work as a slight brow lift on old people whose brows have fallen or on young people who've always had low brows as well?Is it a good substitution for a botox brow lift?And is there risk of fat loss if only the brow area is treated.How much would this be?Thanks

May be beneficial

+1

Goal for younger patients undergoing Ultherapy, in my experience, may be slightly different than older patient.  We have had good results in treating younger patient who is looking for more "facial contouring" and reshaping of face, rather than general tightening and lifting.  You would need a proper evaluation, but we've had a few young patients that have achieve satisfactory results.

Fort Lee Dermatologist

Ulthera browlift on young patients

+1

Yes, Ulthera works on younger patients with low brows just as it works on middle aged or older patients.  Ulthera does not result in aggressive brow lifting so you don't have to worry that your  brows will be too high.  I have not seen any issues with fat loss.  Good luck.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera as a brow lift

+1

There have not been reports of fat loss with Ulthera although this is being studied.  If you're in your twenties and note that the eyebrows can be pulled up with a couple of millimeters and produce a better aesthetic result, then you should look at photographs of when you were 10 years old. If the eyebrows were in the same position, then you wouldn't expect to get much lift as that was never you! The risks are minimal but the cost and pain can be considerable so make sure it's worth it to you to try it despite the possibility of not getting any benefit.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera, eyebrow lift, alternatives, options

+1

With our experience on many patients, Ulthera showed excellent results in lifting the eyebrows. However, patients with the most improvement had mildly sagging skin. While some patients may achieve 11/2 mm elevation. Given your age & tighter skin that you would achieve the result that you are looking for. Inorder to establish if you are a candidate for Ulthera, you must see aulthera specialist in person to determine if Ulthera or other options are best for you.  Botox or dysport browlift may be an option; however, you will need to consult an experienced dermatologist.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyebrow lift and Ultherapy

+1

1.  Ultherapy will work to lift the eyebrows if you have skin laxity (which is unlikely at age 20).  If you can pull up some excess skin on the lateral forehead, above the eyebrows and correct the eyebrow position, then Ultherapy will give a lift to the eyebrows as this excess skin is tightened. 

2.  Young healthy skin will have a better response to ultrasound skin tightening than older, sun-damaged skin because young collagen is healthy.

3.  The cost varies.  An entire eye area treatment (forehead/superior brow, crow's feet, and infraorbital) may run $900-1100.  If a patient desires only the forehead/superior brow to be treated, the cost would be less.

4.  There is no risk of fat loss with the standard protocol and device that we use on the forehead skin.

5.  This is different than Botox.  If you use Botox solely as an eyebrow lift than after Ultherapy, you may not need Botox.  Ultherapy will not eliminate your ability to move your eyebrows, furrow your brow, or make crow's feet.

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist