Dr. Not Wanting to Answer Questions About Surgery. Should I Switch Surgeons?

Had 6 questions for surgeon before explant/implant suregery. I couldn't think of any questions while I was at the consultation. I went back to the office with some forms they needed and left the questions at his office with my email address but have not heard back from him. It's been over a week. Does anybody know of a reason the dr. will not respond via email. I'm thinking maybe I should go somewhere else since it seems he doesn't want to respond to questions I feel are important.

Follow up surgery questions...

+1

In my practice I always encourage patient to go home and write down questions and to call or come back before surgery so that we can discuss them. The best approach would be to call the office to find out if the doctor has seen them and ask if you need another appointment to discuss them...if the response is unsatisfactory, then yes, seek out another plastic surgeon.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Questions for surgery

+1

It is best to go back to the doctor to have your questions answered in person. If the doctor is not willing to see you, then you may want to consider going somewhere else, where the staff and doctor are more receptive.

Questions For Your Surgery

+1

Most questions are better handled face to face rather than in writing.  I agree that a follow up visit would be good so that all of your questions are dealt with.  If you had a good feeling about your surgeon and he or she is well qualified, reach out in person to communicate.  Good luck!

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Dr not answering questions?

+1

I would tell you that there is a good possibility that the doctor never received the questions or they were misplaced. The best thing is schedule another appointment to discuss your concerns face to face. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon