Double Chin Even Though I'm Very Slim?

I have a double chin it's not terrible but bothers me on pics of me from the side. I am 25 and a slim size 6-8 so I know it's not from being over weight. I think it's probably genetic as my mum has the same thing. What is the best treatment options for this

Chin Liposuction

+2
Look at the attachment for a photo of a young person with limited liposuction of the chin. Sometimes, a a small change can make a big (but natural looking) difference.
Some individuals have 'sagging' necks primarily due to fat accumulation below the jawbone (mandible). In some cases, liposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin From Fat Accumulation Around the Neck

+1

Double chin deformities commonly result from fat accumulation in the neck. In many cases, this fat accumulation is related to weight gain, while in other cases it may be related to inherited genetic tendencies. This fat typically doesn’t respond to diet and exercise and for this reason liposuction is the treatment of choice in most cases.

Tumescent liposuction of the neck is a relatively simple procedure that involves infusing tumescent fluid into the subcutaneous tissue of the neck. This fluid has epinephrine which minimizes bleeding and lidocaine which is a local anesthetic. A cannula which is attached to suction is then passed through the tissue removing fat and sculpting the area. After surgery, patients wear a compressive chin strap for several weeks.

The procedure results in significant contour improvement and is associated with high satisfaction rates. If you’re considering neck liposuction, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that’s appropriate for your problem. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Slim person and double chin

+1

It is likely genetic and at your age liposuction may be a reasonable option. Check with a plastic surgeon in your area.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Los Angeles chin and neck liposuction

+1

Genetics play a large role in double chin formation.  I would recommend a chin liposuction procedure to contour the neck, chin, and jawline. Most patients undergo this procedure under tumescent liposuction. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Double Chin Though Thin

+1

This appearance could be from anatomic issues that have nothing to do with fat in the area.  However, if you have supraplatysmal fat, chin liposuction may be a reasonable help in your situation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Double chin despite being slim

+1
Even though you are very slim there can still be fatty deposits located in the neck above and below the platysmal muscle.  This is known as subplatysmal fat.  A neck lift would treat both of these stubborn fatty deposits by surgically removing them and tightening the platysma, also known as a platysmaplasty.  This will give a much more defined jaw line.  There are multiple examples of patients similar to this on our neck lift photo gallery for you to review.

Double chin problem

+1

Thin people may have a double chin because they have a genetic ( hereditary ) tendency for this problem. This can be even if an individual eats sensibly. The problem can only be corrected by submental liposuction. This is a simple procedure that takes 15 minutes under local xylocaine anesthesia. It is important to wear a strap for a few months after suctioning to help support the area while healing. The number of fat cells is finite in this area so if you continue to eat properly the results are permanent.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Lipo

+1

Photos and an in-person consultation a key to developing a plan. You have age in your favor and likely would have a nice result with Lipo alone given your description. Consider posting some photos of your lower face and neck. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Treatment for a double chin

+1

Pictures would help to provide you with the best advice. In general, the best treatment for a double chin would be liposuction of the chin and neck area. Sometimes the patient may also benefit from a chin implant to further enhance the appearance of the jawline. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who uses computer imaging software. He/she may morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I hope this helps, and best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Double chin in slim and young indidual

+1

In order to have double chin , an individual does not need to be overweight or not to be young. Individuls with " weak lowerJaws" or recessed chin  could have hanging soft tissues below their chin or in the upper neck known as having "double chin" , which could be corrected  by injection of some fillers ( Radiesse ) or by insertion of a chin implant. Sometimes more complicated/ ivolved surgical intervention may be necessary to bring the lower jaw forward and correct the crossed bite. 

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon