Does Thermage CPT Really Work?

a doctor suggested i have Thermage CPT to tighten-up sagging skin. Said Thermage CPT has much improved vs. old thermage.  Since i see thermage is really disliked on here for the old technique do you really think the new version is that much better (2X better)? thx! 

Does any Thermage work?

+4

There are countless patients who have been disappointed with what old Thermage has failed to provide them. What I would suggest you do about researching this newer version is to ask your doctor for the names of a couple of patients who are LIKE YOU and have had this treatment so you can ask them if they are happy. If he/she tells you they can't because of "privacy issues" of can't come up with a comparable patient to yourself, the answer is simple - forget about it.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Thermage CPT is much improved over old technology

+2

The new CPT Thermage is far superior to the old technology. The new Thermage is painless and is more effective. The CPT technologies allows you to use safe and effective energies in an easier way than the old Thermage. I have been extremely pleased both with patient comfort and results. The only downside is that it can take up to two hours for the procedure and may be repeated again in a few years as we age with gravity.

Does Thermage Work?

+2

With the new Thermage CPT upgrade, the results are consistently much better an the older machines. I think one of te most important factors is appropriate patient selection. If a patient has too much laxity that would be better addressed with a facelift then I will refer the patient to plastics. One of the interesting things I have noticed in our diverse patient populations is that Asian, mediterranean, and Latino skin types seem to be slam dunk consistently repeat great results.

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Newer thermage is better than old

+2

I have heard from physicians that had the old thermage that patients find the new one less painful. The lower energies allow more passes and more cumulative heating and stimulation of collagen.

Thermage CPT works and works better than older Thermage

+2

Thermage is a non-surgical skin tightening treatment that provides subtle skin tightening and contouring.  It absolutely works, but it isn't surgery so no one should expect the same results as with surgery.  Anyone who expects dramatic skin tightening is going to be disappointed.  People choose Thermage because they want skin tightening without the risks of surgery, without the downtime, and without anyone knowing they have had anything done.  They also choose Thermage to postpone or prevent the need for surgery, or to maintain their surgical results.

Thermage CPT is different from previous versions of Thermage.  There is more cooling of the skin surface and more energy delivered with each pulse.  More energy means a more effective treatment.  There is also vibration with each pulse, and between the vibration and the increased cooling the treatment is quite comfortable.  Patients do not need any pain medication and report that the treatments do not hurt.  Thermage CPT gives a more comfortable, more effective treatment.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

RealSelf reviews on Thermage CPT say it doesn't work

+2

Simply look here on REALSELF.com and see the positive to negative reviews are in favor overwhelmingly NO! So your question is very easy to answer. Do not expect any improvement for all the dollars spent. Good Luck.

Facial Skin Tightening

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Ultherapy for facial skin tightening, not Thermage. Ultherapy deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping it firmed, toned and elastic. Plus, the treatment is completely non-invasive and does not require downtime. I have seen excellent results with the treatment.

Thermage CPT Works

+1

The newer Thermage CPT has much more consistent results then the old Thermage.  The old Thermage energy distribution was different, the hand pieces and sizes of the tips have changed and vibration mechanisms have been added.  Patient comfort is high, virtually painless, and results are consistently good to great.  We are thrilled with what Thermage CPT has done for our patients.  Thermage is the best non-surgical skin care device out there at this time. 

Thermage CPT has improved over old Thermage technology

+1

Thermage CPT offers more uniform heating and better cooling as well as added comfort due to the different levels of vibration that distract from the heat of the tip of the handpiece. The vibration option is turned off for eye treatments. While the amount of time required to treat an area remains the same, it is much more tolerable with more noticeable results, possibly due to patients being able to tolerate a higher setting with the CPT. Results can take up to 6 months, but I noticed with the CPT there is a more noticeable immediate tightening post treatment. Results can vary from person to person and may require more than one treatment.

As with every treatment, make sure you are a good candidate and that you know what to expect. This is a noninvasive procedure with no downtime, so you won't have a dramatic result.

Thermage CPT is much better

+1

We had been using the old Thermage for about 4 years before upgrading to the Thermage CPT nearly one year ago. The results with the new CPT are not only much better but much more consistent and, as a result, our volume of Thermage treatments has tripled since we obtained the Thermage CPT. Montreal, where our clinic is located, has many clinics and spas that offer non-invasive skin tightening with questionable devices and so many disappointed patients become leery of these procedures. However, many patients treated with the Thermage CPT have referred their friends, a sure sign of patient satisfaction.

What makes the CPT better are the newly designed tips. They have a more even delivery of the RF energy but mainly have the capacity to deliver far more pulses of energy than the old tips. Whereas a typical full face Thermage treatment with the old device consisted of about 300 pulses, the new tips deliver 900 pulses. The new tips also vibrate, which lessens discomfort to the point where none of our patients require sedation before their treatment.

It is very rare that a technology improves so dramatically from one device generation to the next but this is definitely the case with the CPT. Like many of my other colleagues, I believe that the "worth it" rating for Thermage will increase as more patients experience the newer device.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon