Thermage on Neck After Part of Thyroid Was Removed?

Can I do Thermage on my neck if I had a part of my thyroid removed? It was removed some years back. I'm currently on thyroxine medication. Thanks a lot for your response.

No concern for treatment

+1

There is no concern for having a Thermage treatment after having part of your thyroid removed. Typically, the area around the thyroid is not treated anyway to avoid any complications. Thermage on the neck is for a specific patient population so you should have a consultation with an experienced physician to make sure that the results you want can be provided by Thermage. Other treatments to consider are Pelleve" for a non surgical treatment, neck liposuction or SmartLipo for excess fat and early skin laxity or various surgical procedures for more advanced neck laxity.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

You can have Thermage after thyroidectomy

+1

The fact that you had a thyroidectomy should not adversely affect the result from Thermage. You just need to have a very frank discussion with your treating physician as to what your expectations are, so that you can pick the right procedure to meet those expectations.

Take Care,

Dr T

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.