Does Milk Thistle Help Soften Breast?

I had a saline BA 7 months ago. My right one is not dropping and my doctor has had to pop the capsular contractures a few times already. he gave me milk thistle and vitamin e to soften the breasts. does this help? how and when?

I have never heard of milk thistle used in this regard

+2

I am a bit surprised that your doctor is doing what you are describing (a closed capsulotomy) - namely popping the scar tissue around an implant. To my knowledge that went out in the mid-80's and I didn't think anyone was still doing that. If I were your doctor, I would probably have recommended an open capsulotomy/capsulectomy to address your capsular contracture. While this is surgery, I think it stands an excellent chance of resolving your problem. You have given it enough time to settle on its own.

Can't hurt to try milk thistle to help soften breast

+1

Hi,

I have not heard about milk thistle being used to help soften the breast. Vitamin E, on the other hand, has been used for this purpose. Scar tissue is made up of collagen strands, and it is thought that Vitamin E helps soften these strands. Therefore, aiding in the prevention of capsular contracture. Unfortunately, there is no evidence that supports the idea of capsular contracture prevention, but it doesn't hurt to try it.

It is interesting that your doctor keeps using the "popping" method or closed capsulotomy to treat your capsular contracture. This is not usually recommended because it can rupture the implant. It usually has a lower success rate as well and can be quite painful. It will also void the implant company’s warranty. The best way to treat your capsular contracture is to have an open capsulectomy which removes the scar tissue.

Hope this helps!

Sam Speron, MD