Is CO2 Laser Better Than Erbium For My Acne Scars?

i do 2 times erbium laser for my acne scars...bur dont see effeective results ...and i have little dark skin...if co2 laser is better than erbim...or it laser is really efective for acne scars.....and i so much think about co2 laser ..it is effective for me? THANK U FOR ANSWER ME

CO2 Laser vs Erbium

Thank you for your question. I prefer the results of CO2, but Erbium is slightly safer on darker skin types if treated in a lower energy state.  But, on dark skin, if the Erbium is turned up as high as CO2, and penetrates as deep, then there will be a higher risk of discolorations. For best and safest results, be sure to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and skin of color. I hope this helps.

Hello

In our practice we do Profractional Laser which repairs your own collagen and remove the first layer of your skin giving you great results. You should be seen by a PS to get all your options. If you’re not seeing results with erbium.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS