Is CO2 Laser Better Than Erbium For My Acne Scars?

i do 2 times erbium laser for my acne scars...bur dont see effeective results ...and i have little dark skin...if co2 laser is better than erbim...or it laser is really efective for acne scars.....and i so much think about co2 laser ..it is effective for me? THANK U FOR ANSWER ME

CO2 Laser vs Erbium

+1

Thank you for your question. I prefer the results of CO2, but Erbium is slightly safer on darker skin types if treated in a lower energy state.  But, on dark skin, if the Erbium is turned up as high as CO2, and penetrates as deep, then there will be a higher risk of discolorations. For best and safest results, be sure to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and skin of color. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Hello

+1

In our practice we do Profractional Laser which repairs your own collagen and remove the first layer of your skin giving you great results. You should be seen by a PS to get all your options. If you’re not seeing results with erbium.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS