Breast Reduction and Lift

Do I need to have a combination of both to acheive a lifted breast? Or if I do the breast reduction, will that give me a lift in my breasts?

Breast reduction and breast lift: different goals, similar procedures

The primary goal of breast reduction: reduction or elimination of symptoms associated with enlarged breasts. These include upper and mid back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, shoulder bra strap grooves, postural problems, inability to jog or participate in other sports activities, and chronic sweating or rashes beneath the breasts.

The primary goal of breast lift: improved contour of the breasts.

While breast reduction and breast lift (mastopexy) have different goals, they are very similar procedures. Both involve incisions around the nipple areolae (to lift the nipples and reduce the size of the areolae) and the lower breasts. Both involve removal of excessive skin from the lower breasts. Both involve repositioning of the breast tissues. And both involve lifting of the breasts.