VelaShape for Breast Reduction?

I am a 36DDD and would like to be able to wear a 36D. I don't want to have the bust reduction surgery. Can VelaShape be used to help reduce bust size?

I would not recommend you undergo VelaShape procedures to try to achieve a breast reduction.

+2

I would not recommend you undergo VelaShape procedures to try to achieve a breast reduction. VelaShape can help improve cellulite and provide some skin tightening and circumferential reduction, but not significant enough for a good sized reduction.

If you are against having a more invasive breast reduction with visible scars on the breast, you may want to speak with a plastic surgeon about the option of liposuction for a breast reduction. A good place to start is at www.surgery.org which is the website for The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Breast Reduction - VelaShape for Breast Reduction?

+1

Unlikely.

While it's hard to say anything with absolute certainty without being able to assess you in person, (or at least it would be more helpful with photos) I don't think you should count on any degree of acceptable reduction using Velashape - or any other non-invasive technique - alone.  A small amount of skin tightening may be possible, but for a more significant, and effective, reduction and lift you will almost certainly need a more extensive - and surgical - procedure.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Vela Shape for Breast Reduction?

+1

Unfortunately,  there is no nonsurgical means of breast reduction surgery ( despite many claims made by people selling pills, creams, and “miracle” technology). 
If you're considering the procedure,  consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Velashape for Breast Reduction

+1

Velashape is unlikely to be able to sufficently reduce your breast size from a DDD to a D. Furthermore, I am not aware of a study which has evaluated the effects of this treatment on the breast and the possible complications or difficulties in interpreting mammograms or MRIs.

VelaShape for breast reduction

+1

Today, patients have many different options to effectively reduce and contour their breasts. Unfortunately, there are no effective ways to reduce the breast with minimally invasive techniques. Your best bet is to save your money and work with a board-certified plastic surgeon was a great deal of experience in breast contouring and liposuction who can help you meet your goals.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Velashape not for Breast Reduction

+1

Velashape is not an FDA approved modality for breast reduction  It is indicated fro small changes in skin and fat under the skin.  A breast reduction typically  removes skin, fatty tissue, and breast tissue.  It will also give a lift to the nipple areola complex.  Velashape is not designed to do this.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Velashape in not effective for breast reduction.

+1

Velashape will not reduce the volume of your breasts. There is not a good non-surgical option for breast reduction. Weight loss is effective, but unreliable. Liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure which can reduce breast volume, but not skin envelope size.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Velashape not good for breast reduction

+1

Thanks for your question -

Velashape is not FDA approved for breast reduction and will not give you a lasting correction of the symptoms caused by macromastia (large breasts).

Breast reductions deal with three issues:

The volume of the breasts (the volume needs to be made smaller).

The size of the skin envelope (you can imagine if you dramatically decreased the volume but did not change the skin envelope you would likely have sagging breasts with excess skin)

The position of the nipple and the shape of the breast (this is the more cosmetic portion of the breast reduction and comes as a consequence of changing the first two).

I hope this helps!

Steven H. Williams, MD

Velashape is not indicated for breasts

+1

Velashape is a good tool for a very specific indication related to minor skin and fat excess. Velashape is not indicated for the breast and the degree of breast reduction that you would like to have can not be acheived except with a breast reduction.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Velashape is not for Breast Reduction

+1

This device is not capapble of fat removal from the breast or reducing it in any way.  There are techniques of removing fat to reduce the breast, but they do not address the skin. Surgery is still the most reliable way.

Barry E. DiBernardo, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon