How Much Difference Will Reducing Bulbous Nose Tip Make?

Hi. I am considering getting Rhinoplasty (a "nose job") done to reduce the "bulbous-ness" at the tip of my nose. However, I am worried that I will look totally different to what I look like now.

Is it possible to get surgery, without looking like a totally different person after? Also, comments on my nose are welcome!

Thanks,
Daniel

Options for reducing size (bulbous) and fullness of nasal tip in nose job (rhinoplasty surgery).

+2

There is no "perfect nose". In fact, aesthetic standards are subject to change and personal interpretation. It is your job to tell the plastic surgeon what you desire to achieve and it is the plastic surgeon's job to tell you: 1) if that is possible, 2) how the surgery will be accomplished, 3) what to expect in the post-operative period, 4) potential alternatives and outcomes, as well as the 5) risks of the procedure.

Reducing the fullness in the tip of the nose. You may also want to consider reducing the nostril flare but this is difficult for us to assess when smiling.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/rhinoplasty.html

Reducing a bulbous nasal tip

+2

The tip of the nose can certainly be slimmed down. The goal with conservative surgery is to maximize the result while noe causing changes that appear done or feminized.

Also important with the tip is to leave enough cartilage on the sides of the nose so it does not collapse or look pinched; or if the cartilage is not correct, to corrrect it.

You seem to have irregularities and asymmetries that might best be addressed with an open rhinoplasty.

Nose shouldn't look totally different after good Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Daniel,

Typically after a good rhinoplasty, it should not look totally different. As a matter of fact, most people will not notice unless you tell them.

The best way for you to know what the outcome will be is to get computer imaging. This helps the patient see what his nose will look like after the surgery.

Reducing the bubosity of your nose may be achieved by simply restructuring your tip cartilages and rotating your tip. To evaluate your profile I would have to see it.

All the Best,

Dr. S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Rhinoplasty...Reducing the Bulbous Tip While Maintaining Your Identity

+2

Hi Daniel,

Yes, it is possible to have rhinoplasty, addressing the "offending parties" (as one of my Brit patients termed it) without drastically changing the rest of your nose. You can reduce the "bulbous-ness" (the offending party in your case), and still look like yourself (you will not need to re-introduce yourself to family and friends at the next party).

By refining your nasal tip, most likely the upper 1/3 of your nose will also need a subtle degree of refining as well. This can be accomplished with precise rasping. The key is choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

See the below web reference for further information on subtle rhinoplasty.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Web reference: http://www.drpersky.com/blog/archives/116-The-Subtle-Rhinoplasty...Slight-Hump-Removal-in-an-Ethnic-Nose.html

Bulbous nasal tip surgery

+2

Surgery to reduce the bulbosity of the tip of the nose is a very rewarding procedure. However, in general, it can take up to a year or two to see the final results of tip reduction so patience is also required. How much you narrow the tip of nose depends upon personal preferences, however, in men I typically recommend avoiding a boxy or pinched tip since that tends to feminize the nose or make it look created. Also, refinement should match the profile which more pictures would be necessary to assess that. Finally, a masculine nasal tip typically is still strong and is not overly rotated upward but lifted up some as your frontal view shows it to be hanging. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

+2

As has been said, a proper evaluation of your nose requires a full set of non-smiling photos.  However, a tip rhinoplasty done by an experienced surgeon should be able to refine your tip without feminizing you.  Seek a few consultations with well qualified surgeons and ask their advice. 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Most patients still look like themselves after rhinoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty should refine a nose but in most cases not make patients look dramatically different than before surgery. Radical changes can be made but are not usually necessary. What I find is that most patients go back to work and co-workers often don't notice they had surgery. Once people get to know you, they really don't study your face, once they see you its about recognition. One of the best comments I hear goes along the lines of "I saw an old friend from high school and they asked if I lost weight or changed my hairdo."

As for the photo you posted, it is difficult to fully evaluate the tip of your nose without non smiling, 3/4 and profile views. I suggest you seek out a qualified rhinoplasty specialist for an opinion on what you really need.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_rhinoplasty.html

Tip Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+2

A Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) is the most customizable operation in Plastic surgery. no one has the same nose and everyone has different things they wish changed on their widely different noses.

You have large and asymmetric lower lateral cartilages (more convex on the left) with what appears to be flaring. The tip can be refined, but you need to ask your surgeon not to make it too narrow or feminine. In itself that would give you the nose I THINK you are asking about.

In your case all you have to do is consult an experienced BAPS surgeon and tell him what bothers you and what you want. As such your face will not be transformed into a Michael Jackson meets Dorian Gray type nose - the kind the media loves to stoke the fears of the populace with.

Dr. P. Aldea

Bulbous Nasal Deformities

+1

It’s not unusual for prospective rhinoplasty patients to be worried that surgery will change their identity. This procedure has the potential to dramatically alter appearance, that isn’t what most patients want. The majority of patients are interested in subtle changes that make them look better without making them look different. In other words, they want their nasal appearance refined.

A variety of maneuvers are utilized to treat bulbous nasal deformities. The type of treatment for this condition depends on the patients starting anatomy and aesthetic goals. In your case, it’s virtually impossible to know which option is best for you without a physical exam or pictures from multiple angles.

Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your bulbous nasal tip and aesthetic concerns. In addition several maneuvers can be utilized to make your rhinoplasty less noticeable. For instance changing your hair style and wearing eye glasses can fool the average person. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Male Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Nose

+1

Thank you for the question and your picture. It is definitely possible to make subtle changes to the nose, and in fact, most of the men that I see share your desire. In terms of treating a bulbous tip, the key is to figure out why the tip looks bulbous. Is it too much cartilage? Thick skin? Are the tip cartilages inappropriately oriented? The decisions on the exact approach are then made based on your physical examination. Computer imaging can be a great help during this kind of conversation. Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty-for-men.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon