I Didnt Know Im 2 Weeks Pregnant and I Used Hydroquinone. Im Worried, What Will Happen to my Baby?

Hydroquinone and Pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question. Hydroquinone is a Category C which is not recommended to use while you are pregnant. It depends on how many times you have used the cream and in which areas. Hydroquinone is topical which means there usually is little systemic absorption that could affect your baby. Stop the hydroquinone  ASAP and if you are still concerned discuss it with your Ob/Gyn.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Don't worry

+1

Using Hydroquinone topically for two weeks will not effect your baby, stop using product until after delivery since there are no studies shown that it is safe or unsafe.  

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hydroquinone and Pregnancy

+1

You will be just fine. Don't use the hydroquinone anymore until post pregnancy and breast feeding, but one dosage especially this early on won't hurt you or the baby.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD