How to Get Rid of Lip Discoloration-african American?

My top lip is dark brown and my bottom lip is pink... I like the color of my top lip and would like the bottom a darker so they match. It makes me self concious. For the most part they have always been like that and its never been an issue to me until now... I think its ugly. How to permanently fix this is even them out without constantly applying gloss

Lip Discoloration

+1

Thank you for your question. You can use sunscreen with SPF 30 and zinc oxide  to prevent your top lip from becoming darker. You should consult with a board certified dermatologist who may recommended bleaching creams that could help to lighten up the discoloration such as Hydroquinone.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist