Around What Size Would I Be if I Am a 34b and Get 400cc Salin Implants?

Around what size would the 400cc bring me up to if I am already a 34b? I would really like to be a full c small d? Is 400cc ok for the size of breast I want to have?

Cup size change after implants

+2

At size 34, each 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you start with a B then you will end up a D.  Certainly D is in the normal range.  If you implants are placed sub-musclarly, your body will have to be able to accommodate that volume.  Depending on your physique, you may be able to accommodate 400 cc's.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size after Breast Augmentation?

+2

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Estimating bra size after surgery

+2

There are loose guidelines as to how much larger a woman will be after augmentation based on her 'before' bra size and the size of the implants. You would be expected to most likely be a large C or small D cup. Trying on sizing implants before surgery can help you to determine how large you 'really' want to be. I try to not have my patients get too set on any one bra size. Seeing themselves with implant sizers on gives them a realistic idea of how they will look and doesn't limit them to an arbitrary cup size. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO