Sagging Upper Arms After Weight Loss - Non-Invasive Options?

I Have Developed Sagging Upper Arms Due to Rapid Weight Loss,please Tell Me How to Fix It. i want non invasive method please advice.

Surgical Intervention Only Way To Get Rid Of Excess Skin

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to have sagging upper arms after significant weight loss. When excess skin is present the only viable treatment option is surgical excision. Unfortunately this can result in scarring along the vertical axis of the arms. For this reason many patients are looking for non- surgical alternatives for treatment of this condition.

Other than surgical excision, there’s no way to remove excess upper arm skin. A variety of non-surgical options are available, but these procedures have been disappointing. In addition, they are often associated with significant expense.

If you’re concerned about loose upper arm skin, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that will address your problem.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for flabby arms after weight loss

+1

There are many causes for flabby arms.  If one has flabby arms, the best indicator of the treatment would be the elasticity of the skin.  If the skin has good elasticity, then Lipo suction alone may be the answer.  If not, then an arm lift to resect the excess skin is best.  However, the best indication for an arm lift, and the most gratifying are those who have lost a lot of weight.  The skin is usually flabby and overstretched.  It is simple and effective to remove the skin that has been stretched past its capacity.  No Liposuction, or other noninvasive modalitiy will help the skin become more firm around the arms.  The length and type of the incision will vary depending upon the location and the amount of fat in the arms.  The cost will also vary by geographic locale.  Most will run anywhere from $3500-$7000.  I would advise you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to have treatment recommendations specific to your concerns.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Treatment for sagging arm skin after weight loss

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! A photograph would be necessary to adequately evaluate your upper arms, but generally speaking, there is no good non-surgical option for treating saggy upper arm skin, especially after significant weight loss. Your only solution is an arm lift (brachioplasty) and I encourage you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your situation in more detail.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Arms

+1

Unfortunately, there are no good noninvasive options to treat “sagging upper arms due to rapid weight loss”. If you hear otherwise you should be very skeptical.  You may end up wasting time and money and being very dissatisfied with the results.

Armlifting  will probably be beneficial to improve contour if you are willing to accept the resulting scar (which is often problematic).

Only surgery will effectively address marked laxity of the upper arm skin

+1

You have sagging, excess skin of your upper arms which will not retighten spontaneously. Unfortunately for you, the only way to get rid of the considerable excess of skin and properly contour your arms would be with skin removal which requires surgery. This procedure is known as an arm lift (brachioplasty). There is no non-invasive method to rectify your situation.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Sagging arm skin after weight loss

+1

It is not typically useful to try non-invasive options in a case where there is lots of excess skin.  This is because the non-surgical methods for tightening skin are fairly subtle.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Arm sagging

+1

While there are some skin tightening lasers, they do not offer a true lift., Usually the best solution is an arm lift operation.

Sagging upper arms, liposuction, Thermage or full arm lift?

+1

Without a photograph is difficult to evaluate the amount of sagging that you have. If it is mild to moderate the best non-invasive method is Thermage Skin Tightening. If you have considerable sagging no amount of Thermage will improve it. Liposuction alone may help which involves a quarter inch incision just above your elbow. If the sagging is really bad the only possible option is liposuction preferably with the VASER and an arm lift which involves a scar on the upper arm.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Upper arm lift: non-surgical options

+1

In my opinion there are no satisfactory non-surgical techniques for correction of lax skin of the upper arm which will produce anywhere near the results of a brachioplasty

Revision Surgery May Be Needed

+1

One of the most frustrating outcomes of Body Contouring Surgery Following Weight Loss is the re-stretching of the skin, especially to the Upper Arms or Inner Thighs. The degree of stretching is due to many factors: age, genetics, amount of skin/fat removed during surgery. Some patients need a second operation to achieve their goals.

I recommend that you have a consultation with your Plastic Surgeon to explore the options that are available. I do not recommend any Laser Skin Tightening/Velashape treatments or any other non-surgical treatment based upon the information you provided in your question.

Christopher D. Prevel, MD (retired)