How Can I Determine How Much my Excess Skin Weighs? (photo)

I had a gastric bypass Jan. 09, my highest weight was 547 pounds and I was 481 the morning of surgery. Right now I weight 190 pounds (my lowest was 180) but have an incredible amount of loose skin all over my body. I am worried about my weight getting too low without realizing it so I would like to have a resonable estimate of what the excess skin weighs in order to figure out my appropriate target weight. What is the best way to figure this out??

Weight of Excess Skin

This is a difficult question to answer because it is highly variable.  In general, when a patient has a body lift (in general the preferred procedure vs abdominoplasty) after weight loss surgery the removed skin will weigh around 5-7 lbs.  If someone has a really significant amount of loose skin then the weight of the skin can be as high as 20-30 lbs!  You have done REALLY well with your weight loss so it is possible that you could have a good 15 lbs of loose skin, but again it is a difficult question to answer without physically seeing someone. 

Corpus Christi Bariatric Surgeon