I Am 5'7" and Weigh 235 Pounds, Am I Eligible for Gastric Bypass?

For many years I have struggled with my weight and nothing seems to work: Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Medifast. You name it, and I've tried it. I also previously had a gastric balloon inserted and only lost 10 pounds. I am considering going more drastic and having gastric bypass. Question is, am I eligible to have gastric bypass done being 5'7" and 235 pounds?

Oh yes...

+2
In patients with bmi like yours (37)  we ca do a bariatric surgery to you, but in your case i prefer other like sleeve gastrectomy or gastric plication, because have less nutritional issues than gastric bypass, and are less aggressive weight loss surgery.

Anythinq that i can help, just let me know.
Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon

Criteria for Gastric Bypass Surgery

+1

The criteria for weight loss surgery specifically gastric bypass surgery is a BMI of 40 with no medical problems or a BMI of 35 with one medical problem like diabetes, sleep apnea, hypertension.  The FDA recently approved the Lap-Band surgery for BMI of 30 with one medical problem as well.  Your BMI is 37 based on your height and weight.

Web reference: http://stopobesityforlife.com

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon