Is Dermal Filler the Solution for Sunken Scar Due to Mole Removal?

I had my mole removed last May 5, 2010. Since it's rounded and kinda big, it undergo dual process- shave Excision and Laser. The doctor advised mo to used Catrix Ointment because it will help to flatten the skin and gave me a scar gel removal. But It is July 20, 2010 and I had noticed that there's no improvement at all. Can you please suggest some procedure on how to remove the scar?

Scar treatment

+2

2 months is way too early to make a final conclusion about a scar.  Fillers may be an option if the scar is depressed but I would not use it at this time.

Sunken Scar after Mole Removal

+2

"had my mole removed last May 5, 2010. Since it's rounded and kinda big, it undergo dual process- shave Excision and Laser. The doctor advised mo to used Catrix Ointment because it will help to flatten the skin "

Our body's response to any injury is scar formation. To get "good" scars, we must know how to predictably create the injury and support the healing which will produce good scars rather than ugly ones. When a mole is removed, it is important to put the incision in a direction that has the least tension which will pull the scar and make it wider and to bring the deeper tissues together to prevent any sinking and retraction. A laser or cream will NOT do or take the place of proper surgical technique.

At this point there is not much to do. We need to let the wound healing gods and muses do what they do. The wound needs to be re-evaluated in 6-8 months after it matures and see if a surgical revision or other treatment may be needed. You may be surprised either way.

Good Luck.

Mole removal

+1

Two months is too early to say that the area is completely healed.  I would encourage you to wait longer before you decide to do filler for the depressed area.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Dermal filler the solution for sunken scar due to mole removal

+1

Yes a dermal filler can alleviate your issue also additional healing time. Seek in person opinions to help decide your plan.

From MIAMI DR. B