Jaw bone has grown around my implant abutment. why did this happen?

Jaw bone growing around implant

Bone cannot grow around abutment but it commonly grows around the healing cap.  Prior to getting the implant restored it is easily removed and it should not be a problem.  May be from an ill fitting or loose healing cap

Philadelphia Dentist

11905 Bustleton Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19116

Bone grow around implant

This is absolutely normal when the bone grows slightly around implant. Usually it happens when the healing abutment was loose or lost. It can be easily corrected before restoring the implant.

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Dentist

1021 Ives Dairy Rd,
North Miami, FL 33179

Jaw bone has grown around my implant?

It shouldn't be a problem to remove excess bone if in fact that is what has happened, in most cases the bone can grow over the healing cap not the abutment and simply trim it back.  Good Luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Dentist

1795 Main Street
Springfield , MA 01103

Bone growth around healing abutment.

If jaw bone grew around the healing abutment you are one of the lucky ones.  More often then we like we loose a little bone during healing.  If the bone is over the healing abutment then that means the implant is fully covered by strong bone.  The bone around the abutment can be easily trimmed away.  

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Dentist

30 Disera Drive
Thornhill, ON L4J0A7