Jaw bone has grown around my implant abutment. why did this happen?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Bone around healing abutment

+1

On occasion, bone may grow over cover screw, but biologically it can not grow around abutment. Without an X-ray, I can not tell you for certain what you are referring to. It is easy to remove the excess bone to assure the final abutment is well seated while preserving the tissues around the implant. 

Dr.kazemi

Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Jaw bone growing around implant

+1

Bone cannot grow around abutment but it commonly grows around the healing cap.  Prior to getting the implant restored it is easily removed and it should not be a problem.  May be from an ill fitting or loose healing cap

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Bone grow around implant

+1

This is absolutely normal when the bone grows slightly around implant. Usually it happens when the healing abutment was loose or lost. It can be easily corrected before restoring the implant.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Jaw bone has grown around my implant?

+1

It shouldn't be a problem to remove excess bone if in fact that is what has happened, in most cases the bone can grow over the healing cap not the abutment and simply trim it back.  Good Luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Bone growth around healing abutment.

+1

If jaw bone grew around the healing abutment you are one of the lucky ones.  More often then we like we loose a little bone during healing.  If the bone is over the healing abutment then that means the implant is fully covered by strong bone.  The bone around the abutment can be easily trimmed away.  

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist