Implants and Dentures?

I already have upper dentures, can I have implants to keep the dentures in place?

Denture, implants, surgical guide, CT scan.

+2

Yes you can...if there is enough bone. Talk to your dentist or a prosthodontist, the specialist in restorative, cosmetic, and implant dentistry. You need to have a special surgical guide (sometimes called a stent) made. It is a copy of your denture, which will show your dentist the relationship of the teeth to your existing bone. If there is enough bone and in the proper location, you can get four implants to hold your denture and remove the palate, or, if you can afford it, have fixed (permanent) teeth. The website for the American College of Prosthodontists (gotoapro) will have a link to a prosthodontist near you.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Dentures and Implants Okay

+1

If you have an existing denture, you can definitely have 4-6 implants placed to support the denture and make it less bulky.  You will need to have a new denture fabricated after dental implants are placed.  Upper dentures usually have good stability, and most patients don't feel the need for dental implants.  However, if this is your concern, you should contact  a Board-Certified Periodontist for proper evaluation and treatment options that best address your concerns.

Amir Aalam, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Implants and Dentures

+1

One of the great things about Denture patients is that they already know how tough it is to wear a Denture. It is too bad that they don't realize how great Dental Implants are, and how they can enhance a Denture! 

Whether it be mini implants fitted to the present denture, or an entirely new set with several full sized Implants, the increased ability to chew and function is incredible. Not to mention the security of knowing that your teeth are not going to slip out or begin to loosen at the most inappropriate time.

Visit a Dental Implant Dentist to see what the possibilities are. Most likely you are a candidate for a wide range of procedures from a removable denture to a full set of permanent teeth with implants.

Bradley J. Daar, DDS
Hartford Cosmetic Dentist

Of course you can

+1

In fact, there is no need to replace your current dentures if you feel very comfortable with them, we can adapt your current dentures with o-rings or housing and of course after placing the mini dental implants in your jawbone. is a treatment I highly recommends and I see a very high success rate. Thank you.

German Arzate, DDS, MS
Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Implant Overdentures vs Implant Bridge

+1

Yes you can easily have your dentures retrofitted to the implants if the dentures fit relatively well already.  You can have the palate removed to remove some of the bulk as well.  If you have at least four implants in adequate positions you may even be a candidate for a fixed prosthesis meaning it does not have to be removed.  All this is dependent on the number of implants you have and their positions.  Sometimes this requires bone grafting.  In my practice most of the time you can have fixed prostheses without any bone grafting to keep the cost down, but you must visit a Board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon who is fully trained in these types of procedures becuase they are very technique sensitive.  All On Four is commonplace , Zygoma implants may be used or even special short implants are very effective.  The procedure just has to be performed by a properly trained surgeon, not an individual who took a  weekend course

Brian Dorfman, MD, DMD
Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Implants to support dentures

+1

Now there is an amazing solution for you,even if you are missing all of your teeth. Everyone deserves a beautiful and comfortable smile. Choosing the best solution for your individual condition will change for life forever. The procedure you will need is called Overdenture. You can use your own denture if you are happy with the way it looks and functions. The overdenture is securely fixed on top of at least two implants. The more implants you get, the more retention you will feel. The denture can be removed for cleanings and oral hygiene, like your denture, but is quite different because it provides a very stable fitting, functioning more like natural teeth. Dental implants helps to prevent bone loss, and allows you to eat whatever you want, not what you have to. Your quality of life will improve ,you will be able to speak and laugh naturally.

Pamela Marzban, DDS
Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

IMPLANTS CAN HELP

+1

Implants can improve smile and chewing greatly. I will definitely recommend evaluation with dentist to make appropriate treatment. I have seen remarkable improvement with my patients after implants. Implants have high success rate with right planning and care.

Adnan Saleem, DMD
Frisco Cosmetic Dentist

Implant and dentures

+1

There are multiple ways how to arrange the denture with implant support. It can be 2-4 implants or the fixed option with 4-6 implants. Usually CT scan and x-rays are taken to define which treatment option will be ideal for you. You should get a consult with an oral surgeon and prosthodontist to get your options.

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

I have dentures, can I have implants to secure my dentures?

+1

Yes in many cases this is the best case for dental implants, normally you will need 2-6 implant on either the upper or lower arch to secure the denture. They can be secured by snapping on and off the implants, the dentures can be screwed down only removable by a dentist, or they can be cemented onto the implants or a press fit could be used. All options have advantages and disadvantages and depending on your clinical condition and budget will help you decide which option makes the most sense good luck.

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD  CEO of Baystate Dental PC.

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Implants to support an upper denture.

+1

Implants are intended to either support and retain a denture or fixed teeth.  If you already have a denture and its getting loose, or causing soars, then dental implants may be an option to either secure the denture via attachments or even replace the denture with fixed teeth.

A thorough evaluation of your overall health, the health of the gums and bones as well as an overall assessment of your goals are needed to figure out the best treatment modalities.

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist