Will a 330 Silicone Implant Give Me a Full B Cup?

I'm currently an A cup. I was a small B cup before nursing my two lil ones. At the initial consultation,I told my PS I want to be a full B cup,maybe a small C, want natural looking breast that fit my frame and don't want my breast tissue to look stretch. PS recommended a 330 moderate profile, silicone implant placed behind the muscle. After looking at before and after photos on the internet,I think 330cc may be too big. I like the full B results. At the pre-op,PS still recommended 330s.Too big?

Breast augmentation and correct implant size

+2

breast implant size
1. 32 a   to 32 c   needs about 250-275 cc
2. 34a    to 34c     needs about 300-350 cc
3. 36a    to 36 c     needs about 350-400 cc
4. You will be a double dd or larger  with 400

Implant Size to move from A to B Cup

+1
330 cc breast implants may place at the high range of your objective. Express your concern to your surgeon so he can properly factor your goals/objectives into the surgical plan.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implants

+1

Looking on the Internet is an excellent way to learn about implants sizing.  330 cc's is likely to make you a mid C cup.  Show photos of cases you like to your plastic surgeon and it will make it easier to settle on the size which is right for you.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Is 330 cc silicone implant too big?

+1

Without an in office exam of your breasts it is difficult to answer this question.  Implant size selection is based on your current breast tissue volume, coupled with your breast measurements (especially your base diameter of your breast).  330 cc silicone implant under the muscle is not a really large implant so it might just be the appropriate size for you.  Either way, no one can really answer this question without at least photos or better yet an exam.  Best wishes to you!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

How to pick correct implant size

+1
This is one of the more commonly asked questions regarding breast implant surgery. There are a number of different methods to choose proper implant size, including placing an implant inside the bra, specialized “prosthesis” sizing methods, etc. The same implant size will have different shape and size in two different patients, due to variability of pre-operative anatomy of individual patient.

In my practice I found that the most accurate way to create the breast shape and size that patients want is by reviewing with the patient literally dozens of photos. This can take a bit of time, as I explain to the patient in each photo various aspects of breast appearance – fullness on top, fullness on the bottom, degree of cleavage, degree of breast tissue on the side, the forward projection, etc. Once the patient and I clearly understand the look that the patient wants, then it’s up to me to choose the correct implant (size, shape, composition), choose the correct pocket creation to achieve the look the patient wants. An experienced and talented surgeon can use his judgment, as well as trials of various breast implant sizers during surgery (it takes extra effort, but it’s worth it) to achieve the desired look.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

That implant will look different on each patient for whom it is used. The implant has only a little to do with the final cup size which is determined by rib circumference, muscle thickness and quality, volume and shape of the breast tissue and skin quality. The esamining doctor can give you a better idea.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Cup size after breast augmentation

+1

This is an extremely common question, but it is very tough to answer for several reasons.  First, cup sizing is not uniform among bra manufacturers or between bra styles.  A B-cup in one store may be an A- cup or C-cup at a different store.  Many of my patients tell me they own different size bras that all fit.  Also, the same size implant will create different sized breasts in different women.  It depends on how much breast tissue you start with, the placement of the implant and the size and muscularity of your chest wall.  I would recommend that you not focus on the cup size, but rather the amount of fullness you desire.  If you think 330 cc is a little too big for you, discuss it with your surgeon.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

+1

There are no uniformly accepted standards for determining cup size. Your idea of a small C may be quite different from your surgeons, from mine, and from the bra manufacturers. 

I find it useful for patients to try on implants. It is not an exact science but shows you on your own body about what a given size will look like. (The implants look a little bigger on top of the breast than when they are surgically placed.) 

Sounds like you might need another appointment with your surgeon, or perhaps a second opinion.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

Best Breast Implant to Achieve B Cup after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. I  suggest that patients not base their communication of goals  or satisfaction with the results of surgery on achieving a specific cup size. As you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well.

I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

In your case, given your goals, I would suggest that you emphasize to your plastic surgeon that you will be likely be more disappointed if you are slightly too big than too small.