Deep Lines Under Eyes, Horrible Skin.. What to Do? (photo)

What can I do for these disgusting lines under my eyes? I use an Olay cleanser twice daily and have tried coconut oil as well as various moisturizers. I really cant afford laser surgery.

Non-surgical Blepharoplasty Treatments

+1

Non-surgical blepharoplasty treatments with dermal fillers address lines underneath your eyes (tear troughs), as well as bulging skin, drooping, sagging, loss of fat and dark circles. Restylane, Radiesse, Belotero and Juvéderm are all dermal filler options, which also even out fat tissue in areas that appear thin and too taut.

Aging, sun damage and genetics lead to the area around the eyes loosing volume, changing shape and developing under-eye circles. Non-surgical blepharoplasty treatments reverse changes around the eyelids to improve appearance and result in a more youthful appearance.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye lines, bags - what to do?

+1

Certainly you should investigate the possibility of allergies with your doctor. Many people with allergies - whether seasonal pollen and grass allergies, food allergies (more common than you'd think) or product allergies -  tend to get under eye swelling from fluid retention and/or from rubbing.

If you ascertain that you are not suffering from allergies and your eyes consistently look this way, then most likely the only solution would be surgical removal or rearrrangement of the fat pad.

But your second photo almost looks more like water retention (very common allergy indication) than fat pad protrusion.

Lifestyle and dietary habits can also influence the behavior of tissue around the eyes. 

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

What is the Best Treatment for Deep Lines Under my Eyes?

+1

I am in agreement that the dark circles under your eyes are caused by the protrusion of fat pads beneath the skin of the lid.  The most common causes for this fat pad projection are:

• Allergies which cause the eyes to water and secondarily cause the fat pads to enlarge
  • Stress or emotional times in our lives can also enlarge these fat pads
  • You inherited these enlarged fat pads from a relative.

My treatment of choice is determined by the patients age and the degree of fat pad projection.

• If caused by allergies, use a antihistamine
  • Most patients find that the pads are more pronounced in the morning and as the day proceeds they improve; try sleeping with your head elevated on two pillows to avoid the fluid accumulation in the fat pads at night.
  • If you are younger (<35 y/o) I would recommend a dermal filler at the junction of the fat pad and cheek to help blunt the depression which causes the lines.
  • If you are older and the above alternatives have not worked then a lower lid blepharoplasty with fat pad reduction would be an option. 

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Treatments for under eyes

+1

I don't see much in the way of lines under your eyes from your photos, but you do have protrusion of fat, which causes bags under your eyes.  Your options to treat the bags would be to have surgery to remove some of the fat, or you could have a filler, like Restylane, placed under the bag to try and camouflage the puffiness.  The Restylane option would only be temporary.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid questions

+1

Your use of the word "disgusting" when there is really very little wrong indicates that you may never be able to get a resulk you are happy with.  This is called an expectation mismatch in plastic surgery.  Especially when you can't afford one of the best treatments for lines - a laser.  That being said you should visit a plastic surgeon or an oculoplastic surgeon for advice.  Your photos don't show any lines at all, but you do have some fat and tear trough issues.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS