Deep FX for Hooded Upper Eyelid?

I just turned 50 and while I don't have any real wrinkles, over the years I have developed a hooded eye. It is as though my forehead has relaxed enough to make my upper eyelid disappear.

Will Deep FX help to correct this? I have been looking for pictures of results and am having trouble finding patients that have had it done with a focus on the eyes.

Active FX is Better

+1

The eyelid skin is thin, and there is no need to use a deeper laser, as in the Deep FX.  The Active FX works well in this area.  However, if there is a lot of "hooding", (it is difficult to fully tell by the photo), you may be a better candidate for eyelid surgery.  In your instance, I would suggest getting a few opinions, both regarding the laser and also regarding eyelid surgery.  If the eyelids are very droopy that they interfere somewhat with you vision, then your insurance may even pay part or all of the procedure.

Burbank Dermatologist

Upper blepharoplasty for hooded lids

+1

Actually, looks like you are a great candidate for upper lid blepharoplasty. Active and Deep FX may help to tighten your upper lid skin a bit, but you will really benefit much more from a well performed blepharoplasty. It will remove excess lid skin and tighten it as necessary. Make sure you go to someone who specializes in doing facial and eyelid surgery, and preview their before and after photos to make sure you like the results. Some surgeons remove too much skin, or recommend unnecessary brow lifts, and it makes the results look unnatural.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD