How Much Time Should Be Left Between 1st and 2nd Treatment of Sclerotherapy?

How many days or weeks should be left between 1st and 2nd treatment of Sclerotherapy?

6 weeks

+1

I recommend 6 weeks between sclerotherapy treatments. This allows enough time for the bruising to resolve and, more importantly, for the treated veins to dissolve. After 6 weeks, whatever veins are left will then need to be retreated. Is sclerotherapy is done at too frequent intervals then veins that have already been treated will be retreated unnecessarily. Somewhere between 4 to 6 weeks is an adequate interval.

Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy

+1

I would wait 3-4 weeks between sclerotherapy treatments.  This will allow enough time for bruising to resolve.  

Sam Naficy, MD

About 3-4 weeks is ideal

+1

About 3-4 weeks is ideal to wait between sclerotherapy treatments, but you should also confirm with your physician

Brian Dubow, MD

Sclerotherapy

+1

You would want to wait about 3 weeks to treat the same area and wait for any bruising to fade.  If you are treating a new area, you could do the following week.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sclerotherapy is usually done 4 weeks apart for 2-3 sessions at $350 per session

+1

Sclerotherapy can be done 2-6 weeks apart but usually is done 4 weeks apart and require 2-3 sessions as an average but some stubborn varicosities need 4-6 sessions.  Support hose is very helpful in resolving the varicosities quicker.  Most sessions run $350-450 each and are done with pilodocanol or foam sotradecal.  Hypertonic saline isn't used much anymore.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Sclerotherapy

+1

Usually sclerotherapy is scheduled a few weeks apart, but it totally different areas are done on a future treatment, then it might be appropriate to do the untreated area as early as a couple of weeks after the first.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sclerotherapy

+1

The ferquency of sclerotherapy vary with the response and bruising. if you can see the veins and they are not reponding you can do it within a week.. Otherwise wait till the bruising has faded and you can see the veins

Sclerotherapy is done every 2-4 weeks

+1

It may vary among physicians, but in my practice, I recommend my patients return every two-four weeks for their sclerotherapy appointments.  It may take up to 2 weeks, perhaps occasionally longer, for results to be apparent after a sclerotherapy session, therefore you should not be treated more frequently than this. 

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon