Can Small Veins Under the Eye Be Treated with Electrocoagulation?

I have a couple of noticeable veins under my eye and I was wondering with electrocoagulation with a electrolysis machine would be a safe treatment option? I think that it would be safe because you are not injecting the vein you are just coagulating it. Please let me know your thoughts and if there is still the risk of affecting the sinus leading to possible cavernous sinus thrombosis.

Laser is a better option than electrocautery

+1

Greetings~

For the delicate skin under the eye I would suggest laser treatments rather than using an electrolysis needle.  Laser can collapse and close off the vessel without damage to the skin over the vessel.  You have much more of a risk of scarring from treatment with an electrolysis needle than with laser done by an experienced practitioner.  The bottom line, get a consult from someone with a great deal of experience in treating your particular issue with laser...definitely do not treat the vessels yourself...the damage that may be created is much more difficult to fix.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens     

Veins under the eyes

+1

Veins under the eyes is better done by laser. Injection with any chemical around the eyes can be hazardous, electrocoagulation should be contemplated only by an expert PHYSICIAN, it may leave a scar