Rhinoplasty 14 Weeks Post Op and Still Not Noticeable, is that Normal? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 14 weeks ago and I tried to be patient expecting that I would see results within the first 12 weeks and now that it is 14 I am getting really upset because I notice no change. Is this normal ? Or is my nose going to look exactly the same forever?

Rhinoplasty Results

+2

The results from Rhinoplasty will not be fully apparent for 6 months to a year (due to swelling).  Most of the swelling that occurs is in the region of the nasal tip. Since the photo provided does not provide sufficient information, I would suggest you sit down with your Surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

14 Week Result after Rhinoplasty

+2

You do have more swelling than I would expect 14 weeks after rhinoplasty, but this is swelling and will improve as healing progresses. At this time all you can do is be patient.

Difference not noticeable?

+2

You do still appear to be quite swollen.  Only your surgeon knows what maneuvers were done with your tip cartilages but I would expect the skin to shrink and the tip to get more defined. Hang in there!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sees little difference 14 weeks post-rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to discern from just one view pre and post-operatively that are aligned the same, your situation. However, what is clear is that you still have a lot of swelling present. Typically this can take up to a year to resolve. so you do need to be patient. You should even now share your concerns with your surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

No result three months after rhinoplasty

+1

With a single view, we cannot see just what the goal of your procedure was, and see little wrong with the 'before' picture. After three months, you would expect to see something from the effort. Computer imaging can help set the goals and reassure that over time you will indeed get the result you planned on. Wait out full healing, six to twelve months, and let the 'after' photos prove your results or lack of any.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Rhinoplasty results after 2 weeks

+1

2 weeks is very soon after a rhinoplasty to notice results.  The skin and tissues are swollen effectively covering all the delicate structural work beneath.  Be patient, which can be difficult :), and wait at least 6 months before really looking critically at the results of your surgery.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes in the nose appearance after surgery

+1

your nose looks straighter in these photos  but swollen.  at this point be patient and the nose will continue to improve  massage and taping at night may help