I Am 4 Days Post-op from a TT and Just Started my Period. Will This Affect My Recovery?

I am concerned how this affects my recovery and how to handle this with the garments, swelling etc.

+1
Having your period 4 days after surgery should not affect your recovery.  Sometimes I feel that women will hold onto a bit more swelling or bruising if this occurs, but no problems in the long run with recovery.

Tummy Tuck - I Am 4 Days Post-op from a TT and Just Started my Period. Will This Affect My Recovery?

+1

Aside from the inconvenience, it should not.

Swelling and discomfort are, of course, normal after surgery, and they may therefore be exaggerated during this portion of the recovery.  And you should stay in touch with your own plastic surgeon in case you have specific concerns.

But aside from the added discomfort this should not, in my experience, pose additional concerns or risks.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Menstruation during tummy tuck recovery.

+1

Being on your period should not affect the results of your tummy tuck at all. The increase in swelling should be compensated easily by the postoperative garment that you are wearing.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Period immediately after tummy tuck

+1

Admittedly this will be inconvenient but should not affect your long term result. And it's nice to know your body is still working normally!

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

You should be fine.

+1

You should not have any worries about your period affecting your tummy tuck result.  It may result in your garment fitting a little more snug during the process, otherwise it should have no other impact.  Luckily, your tummy tuck swelling should be on its way down which should help.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

I Am 4 Days Post-op from a TT and Just Started my Period. Will This Affect My Recovery?Answer:

+1

You should do fine! Other than the inconvenience (amazing how often it does happen!!), you should have nothing bad happen to your result. As far as the garment, again, just more inconvenient!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Menstrual cycle should not hurt your long-term result

+1

In the short term, your period may increase your swelling, but oover the long-term it should not have any consequences on your final result.  Good luck, Dr Rumalla

Menstrual Cycle and Tummy-Tuck

+1

If a patient gets their period in the initial healing phase after an abdominoplasty, it should not effect the result at all.  You may be a little more swollen or bloated feeling for a few days, but other than that discomfort, there should be no real changes at all.  Just use your usual method of bleeding control and you should be fine.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck recovery and menstrual period?

+1

The menstrual period  should in no way affect the recovery after tummy tuck surgery.  Hopefully, discomfort you may have with your period  will be adequately treated with the medications  that have been prescribed for the tummy tuck recovery.  Menstrual cycle bleeding  can be handled with a pad.

Some patients will experience significant emotional mood swings after tummy tuck surgery and/or during their menstrual period. Hopefully this will not be  the case for you.

Best wishes to you and your caretakers (just a joke).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Menstruation after tummy tuck

+1
Getting your period should have no effect on your recovery. You may swell a bit in the abdomen but not to have an impact. Often, general anesthesia delays menstruation and has the patients more than a bit nervous so that is one issue you don't have to deal with. Many post op garments are crotchless. If yours does have a crotch area, then use pads and change frequently or inquire whether your plastic surgeon would be gracious enough to provide an additional garment.