Treatment for Dark Acne Scars on African American Skin?

I am having a serious problem with my skin. I'm African-American and have a yellow/brown complexion. On the side of my jaw line, I have really bad acne and because I do and have a habit of picking at it.

When my acne heals from the damage the result is dark skin! I bought this Juice Beauty face peel but it's not working, is there any other face peel that can solve my scarring problem and make it go away?

Treatment of dark acne scars - Melarase

+1

Dark acne scars can be improved with laser and topical Melarase creams to even out skin color. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Web reference: http://karemd.com/cosmetic-dermatology/16/acne-scar-removal.aspx

Darking of the skin

+1

First of all, stop picking. You are only making things worse. Second of all, find a good Dermatologist who can treat your acne. If your acne is treated, then you will not get any more dark spots. The dark spots, called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, can be treated with hydroquinone or other skin bleaching creams.

The bottom line:

1. Get the proper treatment for your acne
  2. Stop picking
  3. Treat the brown spots

Robert S. Bader, M.D.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

PIH takes several weeks to improve

+1

Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) is caused by acne as well as excoriations or insect bites. The use of bleaching agents should be conservative to prevent lightening of the normal skin color. Instead, I recommend both Tazorac under a dermatologist's careful management, as well as a series of SilkPeels or Beta peels such as the Theraplex sayicylic acid peel. I find this protocol help lighten dark spots without changing your natural color. It is important to have the acne under control to prevent more spots. See my web site for more information.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist