Which is More Dangerouse Buccal Fat Remover or Laser Liposucction for Face?

I am 31 woman and I am slim but I have fat face and big checks Ireally dream of more defined face and checks, the problem is also i have big face as well, so it make it even worse , please help me with the safer procedure

Buccal Fat Removal vs Laser Facial Liposuction

+2

Hello Sara1980,

Both procedures will give you permanent results.

If irregularities are to take place with the Laser Facial Lipo, reversing the damage is very hard whereas the Buccal Fat Pad Removal is reversible to certain degree.

This is why, I encourage you to seek a consultation with an extensively experienced surgeon who will provide you with the best advises so you will be making an informed decision.

Unfortunately, without physical assessment it is hard to give you a definitive advise taking into consideration that you could be a great candidate for alternative facial contouring procedures that will give you commendable results and the "heart shaped" face you desire to enhance you facial beauty.

Dr. Sajjadian

Thin patients are not good candidates

+1

Buccal fat pad reduction is a procedure that is not commonly performed but can make sense in the right patient.  It is important to understand the anatomy before undergoing the surgery so that you are well informed.  Normal aging reduces the buccal fat pad volume.  It is true that some people have more volume in their cheeks than others.  However, it is also universally true that that volume will decrease and descend over time.  Removing too much buccal fat can cause premature aging.  It is also important to remember that replacing fat that has been removed is extraordinarily difficult if not impossible.  The main reason is the location of the buccal fat pad.  It usually resides underneath a large muscle that is responsible for majority of the power motions of your chewing.  Once that fat is removed that space collapses.  Once collapsed it is very difficult to find the exact space and to reinsert a substance such as a filler or better yet fat.  One potential solution is to use something like Sculptra.  While I generally do not advocate buccal fat pad removal, I understand why somewhat would want procedures such as this.  I tried to choose my patients very carefully and I also tried to be conservative in the amount of fat that is removed.  Surgeons who trivialized this procedure simply don’t understand how difficult it is to correct deformities that may occur.  The cost of the procedure can run anywhere from $3000-$7000, depending upon your geographic locale.  Please visit with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  My best advice is to always be conservative with any buccal fat pad reduction.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Laser Lipo vs. Buccal Fat Removal

+1

The answer is more dependent on the experience and expertise of your surgeon. While buccal fat removal involves working near nerves, laser liposuction can lead to thermal damage and scarring. While we have not had issues with either procedure, a patient should be informed of the potential risks. The patient's objectives will determine which approach is more advisable.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

+1

It all depends on the experience of your surgeon. Generally, the buccal fat removal involves manipulation of tissues close to facial nerves but liposuction is more superficial. Laser liposuction can cause thermal damage to the skin and visible scarring of the face.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Removal of the Face

+1

For excessive facial fat, the best option is exercise and weight loss. I do not recommend laser liposuction of the face at all. This can lead to unusual dimpling, facial scarring and other abnormalities that are difficult to correct. Buccal fat removal can remove fullness of the cheek below the cheek bone and can be performed under local anesthesia, but can result in an unusual sunken cheek appearance. If you do not have full cheek bones, cheek bone implants can be helpful. The only place I perform facial liposuction is in the jowl area if the cheeks droop below the jaw line. I recommend caution before having either of these procedures performed.

Temp Patterson, MD
Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bucccal Fat Pad Removal vs. Laser Liposuction on your face?

+1

I don't mean to be a grump but I am not a big fan of either. You state you are thin. Much of your "fat" face may be structural (bone, wide jaw structure etc.) In my experience Buccal fat pad removal is a fairly simple office procedure but results are best for people who have focal fullness above the jaw kind of under your cheek bone. Laser Lipo of your face is down right crazy and irresponsible in  the face. Its a set up for permanent irregularities, potential areas of fibrosis and additional things that you will not like. Please really think hard about doing either of these two modalities and certainly get multiple opinions regarding why you may have a full face.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon