Ask a doctor

how to get a cupid's bow & philtrum ridges

Hi there, In would like to know if there are any help for my lips. my lips lack definition and i find them quite odd shaped. Could fillers work to define my shape, if not what else. Thank you for your help

Doctor Answers 2

Defining the philtral column and cupid's bow with a hyaluronic acid filler

Hello and thank you for the question.

Philtral columns and the cupid's bow may be shaped and defined using injectable fillers. Our preference is to use a hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm Ultra Plus.  The procedure is performed over a series of treatments several weeks apart and the results are exceptional in carefully selected patients.  

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Lip Shape

In my opinion, yes, I believe a small amount of hyaluronic acid filler placed very superficially along the "white roll," or vermilion-cutaneous border of your lips, designed to emphasize and augment the features you are seeking would help.  Strategically applied lip liner, lip stick, and lip gloss would help also.  A smile would add immeasurably.  Many women pay to have lips the size of yours!  Enjoy!

Steve Laverson, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.