500cc - What Cup Size Will I Be?

Im 5'2, My pre-surgery cup size was 32A. I had 375 cc MP implants and that took me up to 32DD. If i wanted to upgrade to 500 cc MP, what size would that take me up to?

What cup size will a 500 cc implant make?

+3

Final cup sizes depend on the stating cup size, the size of your frame, the size of the implant, how stretchy the skin and muscle are, and last, but not least, who is measuring.

If you where 32A before surgery, and a 375 cc MP implant took you to 32DD, this would be a larger than expected increase. Switching to a 500 cc implant would take you up a few more cup sizes, but I cannot make a reasonable prediction without seeing you. I can say that finding a bra will be exponentially harder, and that his size range is sometimes referred to as "entertainer size".

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

500cc - what cup size will I be?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

What size will I be after breast augmentation with implants?

+1

Bra sizes are confusing. More often than not, a woman is not wearing a correctly fitted bra, doesn't know her bra size, or doesn't know how a bra is fitted.

Cup size is dependent on the "number" part of the bra size... a D cup in a 34 bra is a different size from a 42 bra.

That being said, bra manufacturers are not held to any uniform standards when it comes to cup size and shape... that is why one brand of bra might fit you very well for a given size, but not another brand. Or, you wear a 34D in a Victoria's Secret bra, and a 34C in another brand, for example.

When discussing breast size after augmentation, outward projection can be further determined by the "profile" of the implant. High school geometry: Height (projection) times Width (base width). A Higher Profile implant will give you a larger cup size for less volume than a Moderate Profile implant.

Furthermore, a saline implant looks bigger than a silicone implant of the same volume. That is because a saline implant is more oval (round on both top and base), while a silicone implant is flat on the base.

Some plastic surgery books have proposed the following parameters for breast augmentation:

32 bra: 100-200 ml per cup size
34 bra: 150-250 ml per cup size
36 bra: 200-300 ml per cup size
38 bra: 250-350 ml per cup size

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

You would go up at least another cup size.  Small frames and large implants could cause you to have rippling.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Increasing implant from 375cc to 500cc: What bra cup?

+1

An increase of 125 cc is traditionally just under a cup size so if you are a DD you will likely become a larger DD or a smaller DDD but this is only a guestimate.

Exactly how big is a cup, as in a breast cup size?

+1

Unlike other measurements, there is no standard cup size (ie a golden breast sitting in a vault somewhere).  The actual cup size for a bra will depend on the manufacturer of the brassiere.

For the  average height and weight female in the USA, a cup is about 200cc.  However, the cup size changes markedly with the band size (ie the size of the chest).  A 40 B cup is very much larger than a 32 B cup.  

Claudio DeLorenzi MD FRCS

Claudio DeLorenzi, MD

500cc

+1

A "E" cup! Photos posted would have been a great help. So it is a guess by me, but I could be wrong. Best of luck Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

500 cc implant

+1

If you are a DD after a 375 cc implant and you want to go up to about a 500 cc implants you may go up about a cup size.