Crookedness Normal After Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty?

I am 1 month post-op i had a Septo-Rhinoplasty. I had a deviated septum and a huge lump that could be see from proifle

Yesterday, I was taking a picture of me nose and a realized that it look crooked. Is it just me or is it really crooked? And is that normal? Will get it straighten with time?

External changes of the nose after septoplasty

+2

The septum is the major support structure of the nose.  As such, the operation on the septum can cause a great deal of swelling.  it is difficult to know if what we see in the photograph of your nose is just swelling or some other issue...and we do not see a pre-operative photograph.  I would check in with your surgeon, let him or her know about your concerns, and then be patient.  Healing can take 6 months to a year and everyone heals differently.

"Crookedness" after rhinoplasty not normal.

+2

Hi!   Your nose does look a little asymmetric (crooked), but it has only been one month since surgery.  So be optimistic.   It may resolve.  If it looks crooked in 6 months, and it really bothers you, then you may need a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Crookedness after septoplasty and rhinoplasty

+1
 Since it's only been one month after your septoplasty and rhinoplasty, it is impossible  to determine whether or not your nose is crooked or not. There is still too much swelling in the nose,  so do not make any judgment calls for at least one year after the surgery until once all the swelling has subsided.

Slight crookedness and swelling after nose surgery

+1

After a septoplasty and rhinoplasty, you should expect to have swelling throughout your nose. You should notice some significant changes immediately after the surgery, however your final results will only be apparent after your swelling has resolved which is in 6 to 8 months after surgery. At this time, it's best to be patient and to await your final results.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Crooked Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

You are only one month after extensive rhinoplasty. It is normal to have residual swelling at this time. The resolution of that swelling is frequently asymmetrical, giving the illusion of a crooked nose. In six to eight months you'll know if this is just temporary. Keep in touch with your surgeon.