Non-surgical Treatment for Jowls?

I am 52 with thick acne prone skin. The benefit is no wrinkles but my face muscles are slipping and puddling on the sides of my chin line and nasal area. I've done Thermage, helped slightly, own a Baby Quasar, use intermittenly. What will work, short of a facelift?

Non surgical treatment of jowls.

+2

Fillers which last beyond 2 years such as Radiesse will improve things, but sagging is truly reversed only with a facelift as you discovered with thermage, See an experienced facelift surgeon and you should have an excellent result.

Best Non-Surgical Treatment for Jowls and Overall Facial Aging

+1

Hi,

The best non-surgical solution to your concerns of jowling is "Puff and Buff".  The use of fillers (Sculptra, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, or fat) to restore lost volume in your face (puff) will help to support your overlying skin.  Fraxel repair or other fractionated CO2 laser treatment (buff) of your face and neck will help tighten excess skin while leaving the color, tone, and texture of your skin improved.

Most importantly, take your time and choose your treating physician most carefully.

Good luck and be well.  (See web reference below).

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Non-surgical options for treatment of jowls

+1

You can try an injectable filler or free fat graft to smoothen out the nasolabial fold and jowl. This can also help you delay a facelift to a later date some years down the road. In some patients specifically those with a week chin/jaw line a pre-jowl chin implant can decrease the jowling.

Aaron Stone, MD