My Third Bbl, How Long Before I Can Sit?

ok I had a third transfer done not that it wasn't done correctly but that I felt that I still had some fat around the flanks and bra area and I wanted a bigger rounder butt ..... now do I still have to wait before I can sit on it the transfer was done to the sides like the hip area

Thank you for your question . 

2 weeks is the minimum time you should wait , if you have to because of work reasons you can use a boppy pillow not to put too much pressure in your buttocks. 

Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and great reviews in your procedure.

Sitting after a BBL

I usually have patients wait about 2 weeks or so to sit on their buttocks but not to keep pressure on the area for too long and move around a lot.

No sitting for 3 weeks after revision BBL

I recommend no sitting for 3 weeks after the primary BBL or after revision BBL.  Good luck and hope youre happy with your results this time!

I would ask your surgeon, as recommendations will vary. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Grafts Still Need Protection

I am sorry that you feel that your procedure has not been successful to date.  The grafts non the less need to be protected.  I usually recommend 3 weeks of no sitting.  

Dr. ES

BBL and sitting

Fat transfer involves live cells and we want them to live. So sitting or any type of pressure can damage the cells. I have patients stay off their grafted areas for about 2 weeks. If the grafts were placed on the side of the hip, sitting is probably ok.

Third BBL

Yes.  It doesn't matter if this is your first or third fat grafting procedure.  It is still a graft and if you want the fat cells to survive, you need to do all the right things.