Swelling in Abs and Butt Hardness After BBL (Round 2)?

I had my first BBL round in 2/2011 and second round 10/2012. With the aggressive lipo performed, almost 2 months later, I'm noticing in my ab and flank areas that once the garment is off for a few hours, I swell up like 1 1/2-3"... I've stuffed foam and a board to help flatten and compress my abs but definitely feel that I need a smaller size. Any recommendations to help reduce the swelling? Also my butt is still hard in the center on one cheek more than the other. What can I do to soften?

Hard Areas in Buttocks and Need for Smaller Garment

+3

Swelling will resolve in its own time (3 to 6 months), and hard lumps will probably resolve as well.  You may have a little area of fat necrosis.  I would recommend purchasing a smaller garment to help you achieve better compression.

Swelling after Brazilian butt lift

+2

At this point in your recovery, two months from Brazilian Butt Lift, it is normal too have intermittent and persistent swelling.  I would recommend purchasing a smaller more snug garment and trying lymphatic massage to help.  Minimizing salt intake will help as well.  All of the swelling should be better by 6 months.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Swelling after surgery

+2

It normally takes around three to four months for all the swelling to go down, hard areas and swelling are also helped by lymphatic massages, doing them regularly will help you heal a lot faster. Contact your Doctor for him to let you know what could help you with the swelling, theres a lot of natural remedies like arnica that helps with swelling and bruising.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after BBL

+1
It is fairly common to have swelling after a brazilian butt lift, and certainly it may be pronounced after a secondary procedure. It should subside with time.

Swelling after BBL

+1

Swelling after a BBL can last for months. There can be hard lumps as well. Usually these lumps are temporary but can also be permanent if the surgeon did not do a good job during the fat harvesting or transfer. If you are concerned about lumps, bumps, and swelling, you should see your surgeon and point out the areas that bothering.

Matthew Schulman, MD