Cost to Fix Capsular Contracture?

How much is the average price to fix capsular contracture in Long island ny? Same surgeon who did the original surgery, only the left side & silicone implants, I know costs are different I'm just trying to get an idea. Thank you!

Costs to fix capsular contracture

+1
Implant exchange like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge $2800 + MD Anesthesia related costs for implant exchange with saline implants. Gel Implants tend to be about $1000 to $1500 more. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Capsular Contracture Surgery

+1

Every office is different with how they treat revisionary surgery.  Sometimes the surgeon will waive or reduce the surgeon's fee but there are always OR fees / supplies (new implant)/ and anesthesia fees associated with having a revision procedure.

Best Wishes!

Not all capsular contractures are created equal!

+1

Capsular contracture is a dreaded sequela of breast implant surgery that unfortunately cannot be prevented in some cases.  National rates are often quoted near 15%.  It can be a very difficult problem to treat.

There are many variations in capsular contracture ranging from mild cases to severe cases.  Based on this treatment approaches are going to vary widely.  Implants will usually need to be replaced.  Consideration to a new pocket location will need to be considered.  Will the entire capsule be removed?

Based on what needs to be done it could take an hour in the OR or 3 hours.  Thus, prices are going to vary quite considerably for surgeon's fees, OR facility fees, anesthesiologist fees, implant fees etc...

I would suggest meeting with several board certified plastic surgeons who focus their practice on breast surgery and revisions to get advise on what needs to be done as well as cost.

Good luck!

Evan Sorokin

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Cost of capsular contracture surgery

+1

The cost would depend upon what surgery is proposed.  If it is just to correct the capsule and re-insert the same implant, that is obviously less expensive than to remove and replace the implant with a new one, particularly with a silicone implant.  Generally, the surgeon who performed the initial surgery will have the lowest price as an accomodation.  The cost of the surgery and facility, not including a replacement implant, would be $4500 in my practice.

Robert L. Kraft, MD