How Much Does It Cost to Add 50 CC of Saline to Your Implants?

I had a breast augmentation done a year ago and I am not happy with the size. I would like to add approx. 50 cc's. How much does that typically cost and is it possible?

Volume Increase in Saline Breast Implants

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

There are several factors that go into answering your question, the first being what volume were your implants originally filled with. Modern saline implants typically allow for an "overfill" volume with exact numbers being designated by the manufacturer. This is something you would need to review with your plastic surgeon. Since this is a fairly rarely performed procedure in my practice, we don't have set price points for this, although I can safely say it costs far less than a primary breast augmentation.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.BeverlyHillsCosmeticSurgeon.com

Breast augmentation and adding saline or volume

+1

If you have saline implants and they were filled to their lower recommended fill range it may be possible to add 25 to 50 more cc.  You should weigh the the risks of a repeat surgery - infection and bleeding along with the cost  of the surgery which could run from $1,000 to $3,000 depending upon the complexity of the surgery - local anesthesia or general anesthesia - and whether or not the scar capsule would need to be released.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants - Add 50 cc's?

+1

Hi LASRCHMAV in Portland, OR,

Since prices range tremendously from one part of the country to another, and even within the same region, you'll have to contact some surgeons near you to get a precise number.

However, there are two issues here:

1)  Adding 50 cc's may not make as much of a difference as you would hope.  50 cc's is a little less than two ounces; so put two ounces of water in a cup and imagine spreading that out over your whole breast.  Do you think that would make enough difference to warrant another surgical procedures?  Most likely, not.

2)  It's not necessarily that simple to just "add a little to the tank" even though it's understandable that you would expect it would be.  It's an entire surgical procedure, from the standpoints of sterility, risk to a certain degree, potential for infection or other problems.  Maybe a new implant, depending on how long it's been..So it will probably wind up being more expensive than you would hope.

When you combine more expensive with probably won't make enough of a difference, I suspect that this will not be worth it for you.

Again, though, you should check with some surgeons in your area to have all of these issues addressed.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Costs of adding more saline to implants that have been placed one year ago - and relevant issues

+1

Given that you are unhappy with the size of your breasts following placement of saline implants, it is highly unlikely that adding 50cc will make a substantial difference. Of course, this would also depend on your initial breast size, body shape and weight, and base implant size and amount of fill and whether the implants are behind or in front of the chest wall muscle. The ultimate answer may be new implants and possibly switching to silicone.

If in the not too likely circumstance that adding 50cc would solve your size concerns, your best bet would be returning to your plastic surgeon who would probably give you the best price. The costs aside from the surgical fee would depend on the type of anesthesia that would be used as well as where the procedure would be performed (office, outpatient center, hospital) and these can vary widely - and may run several thousand dollars.

You can add more cc

+1

One way to keep the cost down when adding more cc's to your current size is to have the operation under iv sedation (twilight sleep).  This procedure involves opening the same incision you had before and accessing the implant and then simply adding more saline to the implant.  It costs about $2500.  If you have silicone implants, it will cost a bit more because you will have to perchase a new implant.  Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Cost for adding more saline.

+1

I perform around 1500 breast augmentation surgeries per year and I have found that it typically takes at least 100cc more for patients to truly see a difference when they are trying to go larger. But we do add more for patients and this typically cost $2200.

Web reference: http://www.heddenmd.com/html/breast/breast-augmentation.html

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Costs of topping off existing breast implants for augmentation

+1

This depends on several factors. However, your most economical soluition is to return to the surgeon who performed the operation. Costs depend on whether you need new implants because it may not be recommended to fill your existing implants. Local or general anesthesia? Office or hospital operating room?

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Changing breast implant size and having too much surgery

+1

Each time you operate on the breasts you stimulate scar tissue and increase the risk of capsular contracture.  Reoperations after breast augmentation should not be treated lightly. Reoperating just to increase the implant size by just 50cc whether you put in new implants or add saline is out of the question in my book. The extra 50cc you want will most likely not even be visible as a different size from the outside world.

Adding to a saline breast implant after breast augmentation

+1

A saline breast implant does have a fill range which is acceptable given the size of the implant. For a smaller implant the range may be plus 30 cc, and a larger one plus 50 cc. Though is is possible to expose the implant and 'add to' the volume, it is not going to be worth the effort. If you are truly unhappy with the size after a year, you will probably need an addition of 100 to 150 cc to make a visual difference that will be sure to please. Look for an opportunity with your surgeon to see if you can strike a compromise on cost and have a new implant placed.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

How much does it cost to add $50 cc to my implants?

+1

As pointed out by the other surgeons, this is not as easy as it sounds.  To add volume to your implants, the implants actually need to be connected to a fill tube which requires an additional surgical procedure.

I would speak with the surgeon who performed your original surgery and see what he/she can do to help you. 

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/breast/augmentation-denver-colorado/

Denver Plastic Surgeon