Are Plastic Surgery Rates Different by Region

It seems that the price for cosmetic surgeries are consistently very high in Washington DC.  Is it worth my time to seek and search out different costs in different areas or are prices pretty much the same all around?

It is true that prices for plastic surgery vary from region to region

+2

It would probably be beneficial to you to shop around for the best prices and the best quality for your plastic surgery.   You will find that different parts of the country have generally different prices for the same plastic procedures.  I would recommend that you stick with board certified plastic surgeons for your plastic surgery.  Names and telephone numbers can be obtain through the website of American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Plastic Surgery Charges DO Vary greatly Regionally

+2

Regarding: "It seems that the price for cosmetic surgeries are consistently very high in Washington DC.  Is it worth my time to seek and search out different costs in different areas or are prices pretty much the same all around?"

If you think DC charges are expensive you are in for a shock when you check the charges in Beverly Hills, Park Avenue in New or or upscale areas of Chicago.  The more upscale the city, the more expensive it is (higher rents, costlier employees etc) the higher will be the rates for everything.

I seriously doubt the rates in Bethesda, Potomac, Reston, Fairfax or Silver Springs would be much lower than in DC but it is worth checking. The best way to go about it is to first choose a good surgeon that you like and then consider the charges. A Plastic Surgery bargain is often no bargain and if you have your surgery far away from home a single complication may consume all your savings.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter A. Aldea

Prices for plastic surgery

+1
Prices for surgery may vary based on region. But, the range in pricing may have more to do with a plastic surgeon's training and expertise than location. A plastic surgeon with more training from the most respected medical schools and universities will likely charge more than others without an impressive resume. 

Having the ability to demonstrate excellence in plastic surgery by providing many, many before and after photos may also influence the price of surgery. One must also consider the credentials of the plastic surgeon and the facility where the surgery will be performed.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgery prices

+1

Just like real estate the cost of plastic surgery varies from one part of the country to the next.  But do not let price be the only determinate in choosing a surgeon.  Non board certified surgeons are usually less expensive but you get what you pay for.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Shopping for a price is a Dangerous Bahavior....

+1

Hi there-

It is generally true that costs for professional services (not just plastic surgeon's services) will be higher in areas associated with a higher cost of living. On the other hand, it is also very true in plastic surgery (again, as it is in so many other areas of life) that you are generally going to get what you've paid for....

When you consider that the potential exists for not only dissatisfaction with your appearance, but also for disfigurement and death, it really doesn't make any sense to shop for bargains in my opinion.

My recommendation to you is to find a surgeon you like and feel you can trust with your happiness and safety. One who seems to have a rational, effective, and time-tested plan for achieving your goals and who has an excellent reputation for quality and safety. Then save your pennies until you can afford to have your surgery done by them.

6 months after surgery, you probably won't miss the additional monies you spent having the job done well- and the safety of your experience and quality of your outcome will make it well worth it.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS