How Can I Correct my Asymmetrical Nostrils?

My nostrils are asmmetrical and my nose curves off to my left. i dont really notice it if i look in the mirror too much but if i go on cam or have a photo is really noticable! It even makes each side of my face look different. I would really like to know what i could have done to correct it and if it would leave any scars. I am really happy with my left side profile but my front and right side is awful as i had an accident when i was 2 and the scar has caused my nose to deviate to the right. There is also a dip in my face where the right nostril lies can this be built up? I really just want my profiles to be the same and have a straight looking nose from the front.

Rhinoplasty – asymmetric nostrils

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos. Based on your photos you may have a deviated septum which may be contributing to your nostril asymmetry. In addition, the columella seems slightly wide. A rhinoplasty can be performed to improve your nostril asymmetry.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric nostrils.

+1

You would need to have a open rhinoplasty to make your nostrils more symmetric and make your profiles look similar.  At the same time you would have your tip refined and made narrower.

Your surgery should be done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Asymmetrical Nostrils

+1

You have significant asymmetry of your face and nose including the nostrils. Straightening your nose including the septum as well correcting the asymmetry of your tip cartilages will improve the nostril asymmetry. You can augment the depression on one side of your face at the base of your nose. Select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon because you have a difficult nose that is surgically challenging.

Correcting deviation

+1

It looks like you may have a few issues going on including a caudal septal deviation and amorphous lower lateral cartilages.  It is best to be adequately evaluated in person.

Rhinoplasty with nostril correction.

+1

Rhinoplasty can be done with nostril incisions to correct your deviation and nostril asymetry if you realize it may not be perfect but improved. 

Asymmetrical Nostrils

+1

The images show not only nostril asymmetry but very broad and large tip of nose.A well performed tip plasty with some alar work can fix your problem.All this will be performed from inside of your nose that does not leave any visible scars.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hi,

From the pictures you provided, it looks like your asymmetry maybe due to lower lateral cartilage asymmetry. This can be corrected with a tip rhinoplasty. The dip in your face may also be corrected with soft tissue grafts or fat injections.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Asymmetrical nostrils are corrected by rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty with attention directed to the tip and nostrils is performed to make the nostrils more symmetrical. In addition, any warpage of the dorsal cartilaginous septum can be shaved down to give it a straightening effect. Any columellar show is also trimmed both membranous and columellar septum when the end of the caudal septum is warped creating asymmetrical nostrils. This is all done through closed rhinoplasty techniques as outpatient surgery.  

Rhinoplasty

+1

There is no such thing as surgery without scars at least not until we reach the start trek or star wars period of time. Anywhere you get an incision you will get a scar. The plastic surgeon is trained to weight the trade offs of final scar and surgical approach to give a specific result.

Your photo only gives a single angle of view so your question cannot be answered specifically. In general though I see the tip asymmetry you describe and think this is a combination of septal deviation and asymmetric nasal dome cartilages. The surgery required would be septoplasty to straighten the septum and open rhinoplasty to adjust tip cartilage positioning with sutures. In my experience open rhinoplasty is the most reliable approach.

Aaron Stone, MD