I Have Had Coolsculpting Done with the YOLO Machine, I Have a Lymph Node Thats Giant in my Groin, What Do I Do?

i bought 10 sessions for abdomen and inner thigh. I have done 6 sessions on abs (every other day) and feel great but just had 2 sessions inner thigh and see my groin node is so swollen and sore i can hardly walk. This machine has 4 paddlelike lasers that go on area to be treated and 2 small lasers that go under armpit or pelvic area to supposedly stimulate lymphatic system to drain fay cells that have been frozen and liquified. Is this normal to have swelling?

YOLO Machine

+1
The YOLO Machine is an imitator and not coolsculpting. The FDA has approved coolsculpting for the inner and outer thighs, and the results can be excellent with proper technique. Patient selection is key. Consult with your treating physician to determine how to best care for YOLO treatment.

Yolo is not Coolsculpting

+1

Yolo is a low level laser technology and in no way related to or associated with Coolsculpting which freezes and eliminates fat cells to bring about fat and inch loss.  If you are experiencing pain or significant swelling in the areas in which you were treated or the lymph nodes in the adjacent areas you should follow up with the office where your procedure was performed.  

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting works for fat reduction. CoolSculpting is not YOLO

+1

A laser from Yolo does not freeze fat. Freezing is proven to kill a percent of the treated fat cells. External laser sources have been manufactured to reduce the fat volume, often by generating heat which can liquify the fat but I am not convinced this causes permanent reduction in the fat cells. Laser liposuction's success is largely related to the liposuction removal and not the laser component

Zeltiq's CoolSculpting has proven itself to be a safe and effective treatment for non invasive long term fat reduction.

Ronald Shelton, MD

The YOLO machine is Not CoolSculpting, and Coolsculpting has an excellent safety profile.

+1

Dear RealSelf Writer, The YOLO machine is Not CoolSculpting, and Coolsculpting has an excellent safety profile. This is the first time I hear about the YOLO machine and its use for any type of body sculpting or fat removal. I urge you to contact your provider and have the large area of inflammation examined properly to determine whether it is truly a very enlarged lymph node in response to the procedure you had or perhaps an infection. CoolSculpting has not been linked to either of these findings. At least in my experience of over 4,000 CoolSculpting treatments, I have never seen this happen. CoolSculpting is the only biologically selective modality that is FDA-cleared to destroy fat safely and effectively. I hope your condition improves soon. Please do not delay contacting your doctor for proper care. Best wishes from Miami, Dr. Bowes

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon