Coolsculpting Fear - Organ Damage on Underweight Patients?

If I am underweight but have a small abdomen pouch do I risk muscle or organ damage when using Zeltiq coolsculpting? I feel like the tech was not very well-trained and I am anxious over what could happen. Please respond asap.

Internal organs are not at risk during CoolSculpting

+1

Despite being thin, there shouldn't be a risk to internal organs when undergoing Zeltiq's CoolSculpting as it doesn't penetrate through the muscle layer. Of course, your doctor should evaluate you before saying that you can have CoolSculpting.

Internal Organ Damage with Coolsculpting

+1

It has not been shown that Coolsculpting affects the internal organs.  You should be evaluated by a provider and if you don't feel comfortable with where you went, try another office.

Best Wishes!

No Organ Damage

+1

There have been no reported cases of internal organ damage from Zeltiq.  If you are not comfortable with the current provider in your area go to the Zeltiq website and find another provider close to your location.  In my experience thin people usually have very good results.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq Treatment

+1

The CoolSculpting device uses a vacuum handpiece to suck up the skin and fat in the area to be treated which helps isolate it from the underlying tissues.  The cooling panels are on the sides of the handpiece and send the cooling across the isolated tissue, not down into the internal organs.  There is no evidence of internal organ damage in the FDA trials.  With this all being said, not all patients are candidates for CoolSculpting and you have to be seen by a provider to determine if the procedure is safe and right for you.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

+1

There is no evidence of any internal organ damage with Coolsculpting. Every patient should be evaluated, however, to insure they are an appropriate candidate. Fat availability and distribution is part of this evaluation.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon