Does Coolsculpting Work on Inner Thighs?

I want more sculpted inner thighs as I have fat on the inner thigh but not on the outer thigh

CoolSculpting on Inner and Outer Thighs

Both inner and outer thighs are very common areas for CoolSculpting.  The depending factor is whether or not there is enough tissue for the applicator to hold on to.  You need to have approx 2 inches of tissue that you can physically grab.   During your consultation, the Doctor you meet with will be able to tell you if you are a good candidate or not.   We have been seeing great, consistant results w/ Zeltiq use on the inner and outer thighs. 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Coolsculpting can be used for inner thighs on some people

The limiting factor is the handpiece attachment.  If it can attach, then Coolsculpting can be used for this area.  Another alternative for helping inner thighs without a lot of downtime is the Body-Jet, Water Assisted Liposuction.  The Body-Jet will remove the fat faster and more aggressively than Coolsculpting.  I've heard thru the grapevine that there is a Coolsculpting handpiece in the works specifically to be used for the thighs, but I don't know if this is true or when it should be coming.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Otolaryngologist

Coolsculpting works on inner thighs

CoolSculpting does work on the inner thighs. And the machine does have a specific hand piece for this purpose. During your consultation your doctor will be able to evaluate your need and develop a therapeutic plan.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for thighs

Coolsculpting will work for thighs however it all depends upon how well the chamber connects to your thighs. There may be a chamber in the future that fits thighs better than what is currently available.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting the Thighs

It is certainly possible that you may be a candidate for treatment of the inner thighs. In our experience patient selection is very important in order to ensure treatment success with this area as the size and shape of your inner thigh can really impact results. For many of the patients that we have treated in this area we have used the Cool Fit applicator but we have found that if your thighs do not conform to a certain pre-treatment shape that you may not be an ideal candidate for this particular treatment area. My best recommendation would be that you schedule a consultation with a registered CoolSculpting provider whose technicians have attended CoolSculpting University so that you can you have a customized consultation and form a treatment plan for treatment to transformation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Sculpting inner thighs

The FDA has determined the treatment of reducing inner thigh fat with Coolsculptng to be safe and effective. The clinical experience across practices is that is does work to reduce fat in the inner thigh area by 20-25%. All patients should be evaluated to determine if they are candidates for any area of Coolsculpting. 

Inner and outer thighs

For the right patient with focal areas of fat on the inner and outer thighs, CoolSculpting can be a very effective treatment!  The CoolFit applicator is commonly used for the inner thigh, and the CoolSmooth applicator can be applied to the outer thigh.  In fact in can be so effective, that Zeltiq, the maker of CoolSculpting, suggests waiting a full 90 days after the first treatment before considering additional cycles.  For other body sites, an additional treatment may be recommended as early as four weeks after the first.  If you are considering treatment, you should find an experienced plastic surgery practice for a consultation.  Good luck!

Larry H. Lickstein, MD

Thanks for your question. Yes, CoolSculpting can be used on the inner thighs with great results. It is important to consult with your Doctor first to make sure you have enough fat in the area to be treated. Good luck. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Inner Thighs

CoolSculpting can be very effective for the reduction of fat at the inner thighs. The applicator that is used for this are is the CoolFit applicator. In order to see if you are a good candidate for this treatment, you should have a consultation with your doctor where you can go over treatment details and determine how many treatments you will need for best results.

We have the Coolfit for inner thighs

I suggest that you schedule a consultation with a Coolsculpting provider to evaluate your inner thighs to see if you would be a candidate for the CoolFit applicator on your inner thighs. It does indeed work and we have seen very promising results in that area.

David Rapaport, MD