Is Cool Sculpting Appropriate for Women over 65?

Women over 65 benefit from CoolSculpting

Thank you for your question; a very important one. In my experience, women over 65 have had excellent fat layer reduction with CoolSculpting. Two points that I may point from my own practice experience: 1. I have seen some of the best responses in women over 65. Some women may have had close to a 40% fat layer reduction after one single Zeltiq procedure. 2. I have been pleasantly surprised to see that somewhat pendulous abdomens in women over 65 have 'bounced back' and lifted after the gradual fat reduction of the CoolSculpting procedure. It is VERY important for good results that your doctor fills the CoolSculpting applicator completely with the fatty area that you intend to treat, in order to maximize fat reduction. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your CoolSculpting Experience!! Dr. Leyda Bowes

Cool Sculpting ages

Cool sculpting is for people of all ages although younger people will probably respond faster and with less skin laxity in the area they have treated.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Anyone can Coolsculpt

Cool sculpting can be appropriate for men and women of any age- over the age of 18. We have patients over the age of 65 who try Coolsculpting at our practice. 

Sam M. Sukkar, MD

Coolsculping after 65.

Coolsculpting or other body contouring procedures like liposuction, tummy tuck, breast surgery can all be done for the right candidate after the age 65.  I would ensure that you are in good health and the areas of concern can be adequately treated by Coolsculpting or other body contouring procedures.  I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your region who is also an experience coolsculpting provider for an informed consultation.

Over 65 and CoolSculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent option for treating localized fat in patients who are older than 65. CoolSculpting has fewer complications and shorter recovery times than traditional invasive fat reduction treatments. The process of coolsculpting is not affected by a patient’s age, older patient’s respond to treatment in a manner that’s similar to younger patients.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question. Coolsculpting is a an excellent option for women and men in their sixties. Coolsculpting has minimal downtime and is much easier to recover from than traditional liposuction . You should have a consultation with a Coolsculpting specialist to have a "pinch test" of the fatty area to deem if you are good candidate for the procedure. Best wishes.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting Appropriate for Women over 65

Coolsculpting is a viable option for patients over 65. The results have been impressive for patients over 65, but patient selection is key. Consult with a board certified physician who offers both surgical and coolsculpting options to understand which procedure is best for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting in Women over 65 works

Yes ma'am it works

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

CoolSculpting Is An Excellent Option For Women Over 65

Coolsculpting is an excellent therapeutic option for treating localized fat collections in patients who are older than sixty five. Under these circumstances the procedure offers significant advantages over traditional liposuction and other more aggressive procedures.

Although, the results may not be as dramatic as traditional liposuction, there’s less pain, fewer complications and shorter recoveries. In an aging population, these are all significant advantages. The physiology of coolsculpting is not affected by the patient’s age. Older patients respond to treatment in a manner that’s similar to younger patients.

In this group of older patients who may have other health issues, contra indications to surgery, or fear of surgery, coolsculpting may represent an ideal solution to their problems.

Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate if you’re older and considering this procedure. This surgeon should be able to help you determine whether coolsculpting is a viable option for you. 

Coolsculpting is ideal for someone over age 65

Because Zeltiq is painless and non-surgical it is an ideal treatment for patients who are over 65.  Unlike liposuction which is an invasive surgical treatment, my patients who are over 65 have been very happy with Zeltiq.  Since the procedure is so simple and effective and does not have any risks (like surgery) it is extremely popular with patients of all ages.