Is Cool Sculpting Appropriate for Women over 65?

Women over 65 benefit from CoolSculpting

+2

Thank you for your question; a very important one. In my experience, women over 65 have had excellent fat layer reduction with CoolSculpting. Two points that I may point from my own practice experience: 1. I have seen some of the best responses in women over 65. Some women may have had close to a 40% fat layer reduction after one single Zeltiq procedure. 2. I have been pleasantly surprised to see that somewhat pendulous abdomens in women over 65 have 'bounced back' and lifted after the gradual fat reduction of the CoolSculpting procedure. It is VERY important for good results that your doctor fills the CoolSculpting applicator completely with the fatty area that you intend to treat, in order to maximize fat reduction. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your CoolSculpting Experience!! Dr. Leyda Bowes

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting in Women over 65 works

+1
Yes ma'am it works

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting Is An Excellent Option For Women Over 65

+1

Coolsculpting is an excellent therapeutic option for treating localized fat collections in patients who are older than sixty five. Under these circumstances the procedure offers significant advantages over traditional liposuction and other more aggressive procedures.

Although, the results may not be as dramatic as traditional liposuction, there’s less pain, fewer complications and shorter recoveries. In an aging population, these are all significant advantages. The physiology of coolsculpting is not affected by the patient’s age. Older patients respond to treatment in a manner that’s similar to younger patients.

In this group of older patients who may have other health issues, contra indications to surgery, or fear of surgery, coolsculpting may represent an ideal solution to their problems.

Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate if you’re older and considering this procedure. This surgeon should be able to help you determine whether coolsculpting is a viable option for you. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is ideal for someone over age 65

+1
Because Zeltiq is painless and non-surgical it is an ideal treatment for patients who are older. Unlike liposuction which is an invasive surgical treatment, my older patients have been very happy with Zeltiq since it is effective and doesn't have these same risks.

Michele S. Green, MD

Coolsculpting is great for people of all ages

+1

Even after the age of 65, Coolsculpting can produce great results.  As long as you're a good candidate for the procedure, you can get long lasting results with minimal pain and no downtime.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Unlike liposuction, elderly age is not an issue for fat loss with CoolSculpting

+1

There is much less concern about loss of elasticity and retraction of skin after CoolSculpting compared with liposuciton. Bruising might be worse from more fragile skin and the device shouldn't be done on areas that demonstrate skin fragility (usually sun-exposed arms, chest and legs) and usually CoolSculpting is not done on those sites.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting for Women over 65

+1

When considering CoolSculpting, age would not be a reason to rule someone out in regards to getting this treatment.  We have had very nice results for older patients.  Best to be examined by the doctor to get the most precise advice.

Best Wishes!

Your age is not an issue

+1

Age is not an issue when considering Coolsculpting.  As long as you are a good candidate for the procedure you should see a nice result.  Please be sure to have a consultation with your physician or his office staff to ensure you are a candidate prior to committing to the procedure.

Renato Saltz, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Depends on you

+1

not all 65+ year old abdomens are created equally!  just as the 25 year old abdomen comes in many shapes and sizes, a proper evaluation is necessary to examine your skin tone and how much of the laxity in your abdomen comes from loose muscle, extra skin, or the fatty layer.  the beauty of coolsculpting is that the cold treatment does not affect the skin or muscle in a negative way, but only the fatty layer.  see a provider to see what shape your abdomen is to start with and how much improvement you can expect.

Eric Chang, MD

Zeltiq Coolsculpting age limitations

+1

Coolsculpting is approved for all ages above 18.  What determines if you are a good candidate is body weight and extent and severity of the fat pad.  I would encourage a consultation to determine if you would be a go candidate.

Narin (Dr.Joe) Apisarnthanarax, MD
Houston Dermatologist