How Long Does the Coolsculpting Procedure Last and How Many Treatments Are Needed?

How long does the coolsculpting procedure last and how many treaments are needed??? I'm interested on having it done on my stomach. Thank you

Coolsculpting - each cycle lasts 1 hour and you see results after each treatment

A coolsculpting treatment session lasts about 1 hour. One body part (eg upper abdomen or lower abdomen or one flank or one love handle) can be treated during each hour-long session. About 20-25% of the fat that gets sucked into the probe disappears within 2-4 months. A repeat session can enhance results on a body part that you have already done. This is safe, but I recommend waiting several months so that you first see the full effect of the prior treatment.

CoolSculpting permanently removes fat in one hour

One CoolSculpting treatment takes one hour per area treated.  One area is typically about the size of your hand. Therefore, each "love-handle" would be considered one area, and the lower abdomen is typically considered two areas.  You can treat more than one area at a single office visit, but only one area at a time.  To treat two areas takes just over two hours.  For many patients, a second treatment in the same area may be beneficial since CoolSculpting removes about 25% of the fat cells per treatment.  The fat cells that are damaged by the treatment are frozen and later absorbed by the body's own metabolic process and  are gone permanently.  Typical results take about 3-4 months to be fully realized, and therefore many patients schedule second treatments at that time. Results may vary from patient to patient, overall, my patients have been very happy with their results.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Coolscultping Procedure

Coolsculpting takes 30-90 minutes and provides results after a handful of treatments. Unfortunately, Coolsculpting may be painful and may also cause prolonged numbness.

I suggest you consider Sculpsure, the only FDA-approved laser to provide the quickest treatment (25-minutes) and easiest recovery (none). Patients complete the treatment and walk out of our office ready to resume their ordinary activities.

It is the only laser proven to melt fat with no surgery and has beaten Coolsculpting in head-to-head studies. I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Procedure

The length of time you are in your doctor's office depends upon several factors.  First and foremost, we have to determine how many areas you are interested in having treated - as each area requires a separate applicator and therefore a separate machine.  Fortunately at our office we have multiple devices, so it is possible to treat more than one area at the same time.  Once the areas of interest are evaluated and assessed, the treatment time from the moment the applicator is applied is one hour for all areas except the lateral thighs which is seventy-five minutes.  Factor in a few additional minutes for proper positioning prior to application as well as massage upon completion, and the time is closer to ninety minutes for most applicators.   

How many sessions one requires also depends upon the individual.  What are your goals as far as circumference reduction?  If there is significant work to be done, you can expect multiple sessions, however if you have "just a little bit extra" that can't be shaken with a good diet and exercise routine, then one session is likely sufficient.

Above all else, a consultation with a trained physician with experience in this procedure is your first step to determining whether you are a candidate and what to expect as far as appropriate treatment options and expectations.

Jeremy A. Brauer, MD

CoolSculpting results are long-lasting with appropriate diet and lifestyle

CoolSculpting results are effectively very long term, as most of the frozen fat cells will not return to the treated area. However, if you do not maintain an appropriate diet and lifestyle, it is possible for the remaining fat cells to enlarge and to gain the inches back.

How many treatments are needed depends on your goals. Each CoolSculpting treatment results in around a 25%- 30% reduction. Discuss your goals with your doctor in order to determine how many treatments will be needed to obtain them. 

Robert A. Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Treatments and Procedure Time

Each CoolSculpting session is completed in one hour. Each repeated session will enhance the results on the body part you had completed. It is common for people to treat the same areas more than once, about a month apart, to get additional reduction.

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Coolscupting is permanent fat reduction with each treatment

With each Coolsculpt treatment, there is a 20-25% reduction in fat in the area that is treated. Each treatment takes an hour and results can start to be seen after 3 weeks and continue for 3 months. It is common for people to treat some areas more than once, about a month apart, to get additional reduction. During your consultation, the physician will discuss your goals and develop a "treatment to transformation" plan in which the number of treatments will be recommended.  Without a consultation it is not possible to know how many treatments you will need. I hope this helps!

Each session lasts approximately 60 minutes, which results in a permanent reduction in the treated area by 20-25%. Sculpt360’s multiple CoolSculpting applicators also enables patients to treat multiple areas simultaneously so that you can maximize your treatment opportunities in the least amount of time!

The number of treatments needed is completely dependent on the individual. Most patients need about 2-4 sessions til they reach their desired result.

Louis P. Bucky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

How Long is Your Coolsculpting Procedure

Typical Coolsculpting procedures range from 2-5 hours depending on the areas of the body being treated. This is why it is so important to have your Coolsculpting treatment performed in a facility that is equipped with several devices, which can cut treatment time in half!

My practice is equipped with multiple devices, flat screen televisions with Netflix, open Wi-Fi, and catering services in all of our Cool Rooms. We make the time spent having this procedure done both enjoyable and relaxing. Patients will enjoy a 20-25% fat reduction in the area treated. Some of our patients go on to have secondary treatment to achieve upwards of 50% reduction in the area they are wanting corrected. 

How long does Coolsculpting take in San Diego?

A typical coolsculpting area of treatment may last 60 minutes, but many patients require more than one area. Multiple areas can be tackled in one day, or spread out over several days depending on the client's schedule.  Generally, each area only needs to be treated once at our San Diego center.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon