Is Constant Redness and Soreness on the Tip of the Nose Normal 2 Weeks Post Op Rhinoplasty/septoplasty? (photo)

2 weeks ago I had a rhinopplasty/septoplasty. All went well, expected the swelling, I had the cast and tape removed and my nose was not red until 8 days later during and after my 4 hour flight on the plane. Since then my nose has swelled up way more and I look like rudolf the red nose raindeer. I was wandering if this is normal?

+1

NOT usual. Best to be seen ASAP in your city. Was your surgery medical tourism. or was done in USA? Call the surgeon for recommendations. Bet you will not obtain one from out of country surgery! 

Tip redness

+1

That is an unusual appearance at two weeks.

You should check in with your surgeon ASAP.  Were there any grafts used on your tip - that is graft material that was not harvested from you?

Douglas J. Kibblewhite, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redness of nasal tip

+1

Redness of the nasal tip is unusual at two weeks. This could be an infection, but you would have to be seen in person. Best to see your surgeon.