Bridge Swollen After 4 Weeks After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi , I got my rhinoplasty done to narrow my bridge , nostrils and tip .when my cast was off my bridge looked narrowed and tip was better , now after 4 weeks it looks so swollen ...........i want to know if brige will ever decrease and my tip , when wud i know how wud it look like , will i have to go for a revision ?MY skin is very oily now and lots of pimples on face

+2

Before photo to far away to see your before nose appearance. But you are ONLY 4 weeks. If 4 months than I might be concerned. Did you have implant placed in nose? 

Rhinoplasty at 4 weeks

+2

At 4 weeks you are too swollen and need time to heal. It will take up to a year for the swelling to go away.

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year to see the final look.

+2

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year to see the final look. What you see is swelling of the nose this will recede  over the next year. Be patient and I'm sure you will see a much smaller nose.

Bridge Swollen After 4 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

+2

Swelling 4 weeks after rhinoplasty is not unusual, and it is also not unusual for swelling to be better right after the splint is removed.  You will need a year before considering a revision.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+2

It's much too early to be concerned about undergoing a revision rhinoplasty. You report that your bridge and tip looked better right after the splint was removed from your nose. It is not uncommon that your nose develops more swelling after the "cast" comes off. Be patient. It often takes months for the swelling in the nose to completely resolve after rhinoplasty.

Thank you for your photos and question. Best wishes!

Gregory Park, MD

Bridge swollen 4 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

You will still have a good amount of swelling after 4 weeks. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first three months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. The tip is usually the last to come around. I would recommend waiting a bit and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Swelling after rhinoaplsty

+1

This is normal post-operative swelling. The weeks 2 through 4 are the times when the nose goes through intense swelling. Avoid sun, excersize, and  salty and spicy food.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon