Are cone shaped breasts normal after a Breast Lift with Augmentation? (photos)

I'm only six days post opt, so I know it's still very early. But I was wondering if coned shaped breast are normal after a breast lift. They're very pointy, and the bottom part of my breast aren't round. They're flat. My nipples aren't even either. I have been looking at photos of other lift and augmentaions, and I really haven't seen a case like mine. I have also tried looking it up, but can't find anything. Will my breast eventually correct themselves?

Breast shape after lift with implants

Absolutely, your breasts look 100% normal for only six days post op! I usually tell my patients if they look just right this early, it usually means that things would be too low once the swelling went down.  In other words, with swelling they should look a little funny, at least that is what I find in my patients.  I find it typically takes about 3 months and then you should have a much better idea about your breast shape.  But always talk to your doctor if you have any concerns.  

1915 State Street
Nashville, TN 37203

Conical breast shape immediately post-op

The answer to your question is 'yes'.  Immediately after a breast lift and augmentation, the breasts may appear conical or "torpedo-like".  During the course of the next 6-8 weeks, the breasts will "settle" and the shape will change becoming more natural.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

8106 North May Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73120

Cone shaped breasts after lift and augmentation

Your breast appearance is quite normal after combination breast lift with augmentation so early after surgery.

The lower pole of your breast will fill out as the implants adjust to your new breast shape.  Of course express your concerns to your plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Cone shaped breasts

It is too early to make much judgement about your results after a breast lift with augmentation, but this is not unusual after a vertical/lollipop incision breast lift.  These procedures require more time to develop their long term shape.  If breasts were made to look perfect in the first week after surgery, they would likely fall with time, and you would be unhappy for the long term.

Hang in there and give it time...

Roxanne Sylora, MD

400 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747

Normal after a Breast Lift with Augmentation

Much toooo early to comment!!! Allow 3 months healing than determine if you are satisfied...////////

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Breast lift and augmentation

It is very early in your post-op course and your breasts will change quite a bit over the next few months. Good luck with your results.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Pointy Breasts

Thank you for the pictures. Result looks typical for a breast with using a lollipop incision implants. You will round into your result overtime.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS, FACS

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

Early post op

You are very early post op and mastopexies never look like the final result in the first few weeks. Be patient. Mild asymmetries often settle out over several months. Speak to your surgeon during the post operative period. They will assure you I am certain.

Glenn Lyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

1112 Dresser Court
Raleigh, NC 27609

Conical breast

Hello, thank you for the questions and the pics. It looks like everything looks wonderful, although your surgeon should be talking you through this phase. It is normal to have very conical and pointy breasts in the beginning because since your gland is going to settle after a couple of months, your plastic surgeon has to overcorrect it in order to get a good result on the long run. Hope to have helped you with your question

Jose Leon, MD

Clínica Plastimedic: Calle Sócrates Nolasco No.4, Ensanche Naco.
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional