Compression Garment and Swelling After Laser Lipo in Chin/Neck

I am 4.5 weeks postop from Chin/Neck Lipo. When I do not wear my compression garment as tight or as often my neck has more of a slope to it. When I wear my garment tight and often my neck has less of a slope to it and appears more defined.

Is it swelling causing more of a slope when I wear my garment less and not as tight or is just the results of the surgery? Also, when I wear my compression garment tight and for a long period of time am I temporarily compressing my skin and fat?

compression garments after liposuction of the neck

+1
  For simple liposuction of the neck and compression garment should probably be worn for the first to 3-5 days after the procedure.
 For a neck lift, we insert 2 Jackson-Pratt drains underneath the skin of the neck  to remove fluid/ blood. These drains are removed after 2-3 days and no compression garments are required. The neck left involves  removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle, and tightening the platysma muscle with a platysma-plasty. For many examples, please see the link below to our necklift  photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/neckliftandlipo_photos.html

Neck lipo and swelling

+1

You are early in the healing process. It is normal for the colors of bruises to change as they heal. Its always best to have the starp on to reduce fluid accumulation. Swelling can remain for many months and the skin softens over time as well.

Use of compression garment after Laser Lipo of chin and neck.

+1

Our office has the patients wear compression garments.  The idea is to have the skin attach to the muscle and underlying soft tissue.  It helps reduce swellling and fluid collections.  Please do talk to your plastic surgeon about his/her particular protocol and what he/she did in your particular case.  Please follow the directions.  Together you will achieve the best possible result.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/liposuction

Compression garment reduces swelling after Chin or Neck Liposuction.

+1

4-5 weeks after Neck or Chin Liposuction you still have swelling and inflammation in the neck tissues. The purpose of the neck compression garment is to reduce this swelling and help remodel or mold the tissues during healing.

The fact that you see such a difference when you do not wear the garment is telling you that continued compression is necessary.

At this stage I would think that wearing the garment at night time should suffice but be sure and check with your doctor.

Generally speaking, I advise my patients that we will not see the final results of Neck Liposuction until about 6 months after the procedure when I expect most if not all swelling gone and skin tightening to have occurred.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/double-chin/eliminate-double-chin-with-laser-liposuction/

You need support after Liposuction

+1

Dear Lostindc,

You need to use your garment with the appropriated tension to reduce the swelling after liposuction. This swelling occurs because of slow lymphatic drainage after liposuction. Wear you garment as prescribed so that you get the best outcome possible.

Good Luck..

Dr. ES