Which Compression Garment is Best for Lipo on Ankles?

I am having laser lipo on my inner/outer thighs, knees, calves, and ankles. The garment that my P.S. is planning on using stops 3/4 down the calves. He plans on using ace bandages for compression from the calves to the ankles. I am concerned about the lack of true compression for the ankles. Is there a better compression garment that will compress all of these areas?

Ankle compression

+2

There are garments that go lower, and I thnk that the venous compression stockings can be good too.  reember, some surgeons do not use garments at all.

GARMENTS

+1

For the type of liposuction you describe, I normally recommend compression stockings,  The 2 companies I use are Jobst or Sigvaris but I am sure there are others.  Make sure the stockings extend above the area of treatment.  In your case thigh high stockings would be advisable.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the ankles

+1

This is an acceptable plan, but I would prefer adding venous conpression stockings.  They will give a smooth graded compression and be practical for long term use.  The ankle area take a while before swelling completely resolves.  Juzo, Medivan and Sigvaris all make a good stocking.  They should be at least 20-30mm Hg, but 30-40mm Hg is better if it can be tolerated and there is no problem with arterial circulation

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

For liposuction of the ankles, custom fitted compression stockings for four weeks are essential.

+1

Hi.

1)  This is not an acceptable plan and I would recommend getting another opinion.  Liposuction of the ankles gives women great results.  It changes their life because they can start showing their legs.  But it is an unforgiving area that requires very delicate technique ( using tiny cannulas to assure a smooth result ) and prolonged compression to prevent chronic swelling.

2)  The stockings have to be fitted to provide 40 millimeters of pressure.  You wear them all the time for the first week, and then you wear them when you are up for the next three weeks.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Garment for ankle liposuction

+1

Dear kdc,

Good luck with your liposuction.  For liposuction of the lower extremities if you have NO circulatory problems with your lower extremities I use venous compressions stalking with 20-30 mmHg compression.  They are difficult to  put on but work well to assist you with adequate edema suppression.

Dr. Hayn

Ernesto Hayn, MD