When Does Most of the Fat Absorb After Fat Transfer to Buttocks?

i had fat transfer almost 2 months ago and although none of the fat has really abosrbed im wondering when i can know for sure that the fat took

Brazilian butt lift , fat absorption

+3

In my experience I see size of the buttocks decrease the 1st 2 to 3 weeks after that size stays consistent and the buttocks softens as it heals. You may keep all the size you have now.

When does most of the fat absorb after a BBL?

+2

I have found that if there is fat absorption following the Brazilan Butt Lift it happens in the first 6 weeks. Beyond that period it is uncommon to lose any further fat. I inform my patients of this possibilyt prior to surgery so there will not be any surprises. I find that absorption occurs in about 35% of the patients. These patients can undergo a second fat grafting procedure  after about 3 months.There is usually very little absorption after a second grafting.

George Lefkovits, MD

Resorption of fat after Brazilian butt lift

+1

In my experience most of the fat resorption occurs between weeks 3 and 6.  However, it will continue to resorb over 6 months in small quantities.  This is very technique dependent.

Raj S. Ambay, MD