When Does Most of the Fat Absorb After Fat Transfer to Buttocks?

i had fat transfer almost 2 months ago and although none of the fat has really abosrbed im wondering when i can know for sure that the fat took

Brazilian butt lift , fat absorption

+3

In my experience I see size of the buttocks decrease the 1st 2 to 3 weeks after that size stays consistent and the buttocks softens as it heals. You may keep all the size you have now.

When does most of the fat absorb after a BBL?

+2

I have found that if there is fat absorption following the Brazilan Butt Lift it happens in the first 6 weeks. Beyond that period it is uncommon to lose any further fat. I inform my patients of this possibilyt prior to surgery so there will not be any surprises. I find that absorption occurs in about 35% of the patients. These patients can undergo a second fat grafting procedure  after about 3 months.There is usually very little absorption after a second grafting.

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Results

+1
This is a very common question as patients want the result to last if they are going to undergo surgery.

Fat transfer has become so popular because it allows your surgeon to use your own body tissue for the augmentation. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, and the amount of fat needed.

The results tend to last for years to come if your weight is stable. Just like any liposuction procedure, this does not prevent your body from being able to put on weight.

With the fat transfer patients typically lose about 30% of the fat that is initially transferred, the fat that is present six months post-op will remain as long as your weight is stable. If you lose weight you can lose some of the transferred fat, and if you gain weight you can increase the size of your buttock. The benefit of the fat transfer is that the fat is your own and acts just like the fat in other parts of your body. The benefit of the Brazilian Butt Lift is not only the fat transferred to your buttock but the shape transformation. This new shape will last for years as you will now have more of an hourglass figure than a square shape.

If you are at a healthy weight and maintain that you will be able to enjoy your results for year to come.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon that commonly performs this procedure.

Johnny Franco, MD

Resorption of fat after Brazilian butt lift

+1

In my experience most of the fat resorption occurs between weeks 3 and 6.  However, it will continue to resorb over 6 months in small quantities.  This is very technique dependent.

Raj S. Ambay, MD